Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hide IP address

Quote Originally Posted by menlyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post

I read up on it and this unplugging trick only works if you have it unplugged for a reasonable amount of time before plugging it back again. Good to know.

Well i have a changable IP (non-Static) i unplug the cable for ~ 10 Sec and put it back And BANG_SE-LA-KAZAM (LOL) my ip have changed

Thats great that you think changing your IP acctually accomplishes anything. I wish everyone though it was as simple as that. However.... your isp has to maintain backlogs of which user was assigned which ip for a certain time limit.
    Changing your ip doesnt do anything but give them an extra line to go through if they should have to provide any info to the MPAA about your actions.
    Good luck with your unplugging the internet connection though. If you think it really does you any more good. You might as well save yourself 10 seconds and just keep the same ip

Most isps wont do anything even if you were caught unless the company that caught you asks them for information about you. Which they would/ (SHOULD) have to get an order to hand over any information about you.
    Sometimes if you have been caught a few times the isp will just can you from their network though.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Thanks for the input guys. Tell me, will using PeerGuardian really help?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    PeerGuardian blocks a lot IPs, I've been using it since I started torrenting 2 years ago. I don't download/upload without it.

But that's just me
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by victord66 View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. Tell me, will using PeerGuardian really help?
    It probably blocks a few... which is a few more than none.
    But in all reality it should be considered 100% safe since they technically can use home connections to find you downloading anyways. Then they can always switch a new location buissness wise as well. If you ask me running PG2 is a false sence of security. Your just as well not running it since it will free up resources
    I used it before and it blocks more good ips than it does bad ips. Ex: Alot of seedboxs will be blocked if your running it thus giving you worse dl speeds.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Well one has to be really naive to think that plugging and unplugging your cable modem to change IP's will be enough to evade authorities. But im sure it has other uses.

From all the people that I've talked to about Peerguardian, most of them say that its hardly a foolproof method of staying invisible. Since it will likely slow down your downloads as Melvinmeow said, I doubt I'll ever use it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    your ISP will always know your IP address... but sympatico is being AN ASS with me right now, actually for the past couple of weeks... they've been changing my IP EVERY 15 MIN!!!! it sucks!!! it kills all downloads and disconnects me from MSN and Xbox Live ... and that SUCKS when im playing with my friends... damn bell... i have to give them a call...

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    your ISP will always know your IP address... but sympatico is being AN ASS with me right now, actually for the past couple of weeks... they've been changing my IP EVERY 15 MIN!!!! it sucks!!! it kills all downloads and disconnects me from MSN and Xbox Live ... and that SUCKS when im playing with my friends... damn bell... i have to give them a call...
    Alot of times when that happens (At least where im from) it means the isp is doing network changes.
    Ex: when it happened to me a bit last year my isp went from offering 8mbit speeds to 15mbit. So I wasnt all that mad when I noticed the speed differance. The internet connection was only acting stupid for a few days so the speed differance was well worth it.
    P.S. What games you play on XBL? I use the same gamertag if you wanna game with me sometime.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    STAGUY's Avatar Pizza Lover BT Rep: +3
    I won't recommend using a proxy to get access to torrent trackers because many of these trackers will BAN you on sight if you ever used proxy service or any Anonymizing software

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Alot of times when that happens (At least where im from) it means the isp is doing network changes.
    Ex: when it happened to me a bit last year my isp went from offering 8mbit speeds to 15mbit. So I wasnt all that mad when I noticed the speed differance. The internet connection was only acting stupid for a few days so the speed differance was well worth it.
    P.S. What games you play on XBL? I use the same gamertag if you wanna game with me sometime.
    kk... but this has been happening for 2 weeks now.. and i dont think its an upgrade, because they went from 3mbps to 5mbps about 6 months ago. my 360 is modded, so i play bout every game... add me, same gamertag, because i'll forget to add you...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    kk... but this has been happening for 2 weeks now.. and i dont think its an upgrade, because they went from 3mbps to 5mbps about 6 months ago. my 360 is modded, so i play bout every game... add me, same gamertag, because i'll forget to add you...
    Out of curiosity you using Cox as your ISP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast