Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: security software...

UntamedDarknes's Avatar Poster
    I use avast to protect me from viruses but the problem that I have found with zone alarm is it does protect you but I have had problems with it when I download music it makes the music Skippy and horrible...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    Zonealarm and grisoft (avg) have pay for versions as well as free versions and I don't blame them for kind of hiding the free versions so you will buy instead. If you visit their sites it will be difficult to find the free one...
    That's why I posted a direct download link to the free version earlier in this thread.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    fz_shurtugal's Avatar .......
    I really am a noob in all this spyware stuff......

1. A good firewall (google "zonealarm free")
    2. A good Anti-Virus (google "avg free")
    3. Several spyware scanner/cleaner applications (like A-Squared, Adaware Pe, and spybot search&destroy and all have free versions)
    that makes alot more sense......are all the extra spyware scanner/ cleaner applications neccesarry though?......

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    fz_shurtugal, no worries, you can download firewalls, av, and anti-spyware programs without having to pay (though you pay for these programs but youll get them for free from this site http://www.nsaneproductions.com/?page=apps/security) just go there and you wont have any problem

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    - - NL - - BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Free AVG Antirvius + Zonealarm Pro = maximum security.

Proved since 6 years of daily net use.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    nod32-best antivirus
    Zonealarm Pro-best firewall
    counterspy-best anti-spyware
    TrojanHunter- best anti-trojan

this is the maximum security but you should also get System mechanic so it can recover your system from errors and etc...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Even the experts say that having several spyware scanners is a good idea. No one scanner will find everything and each has its own qualities, so running four or five is a good idea. Unlike a firewall or anti-virus, you can run as many spyware apps as you like, they don't really conflict with each other like anti-virus and firewalls do. The type of spyware app that prevents the initial installation of spyware (webroot spysweeper) is much better than one that scans for it after you have it but most of them cost money. Spyware Blaster is one free one that runs in the background but how good it is is a puzzle to me since its never once made a peep since I installed it. Spybot Search & Destroy also has an immunization function (preventative) but it needs to be manually reconfigured each time you update the definitions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12