Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In america...

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    Just make marriage conditions..

Go to a lawyer..we have special ones in Holland called notarisen .
    They create legal documents that describes the conditions in case of a Divorce..Who gets what. Still Bawa, I don't suppose you will have to worry too much about that.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~advocare/folder70.htm <----- Don't bother to click this link, unless you are planning to get married shortly and can read Dutch
    That's called a "pre-nup" (Pre-Nuptial Agreement)

2. Lounge   -   #12
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    ok thanks Barbarossa

3. Lounge   -   #13
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT
    Yes they do get the majority of the estate including the children
    Children are property in America. That's just capitalism run mad.
    More chattels I would have thought.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Children are property in America. That's just capitalism run mad.
    More specifically chattels, I would have thought.
    Fixed.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Speaking from experience...Yes they do get the majority of the estate including the children if there are any. Even living with someone establishes a "common law marriage" rule. This means that if you have a girlfriend and you ask her to live with you and after six months she screwed your best friend,, tapped your bank accounts and is doing drugs in your living room, you can not kick her out. She could actually take you to court just like she was married to you.

wtf, wives cheats on husbands and instead of being asked to leave they can take all they want then leave and maybe stay. thats absolutely ridicules, thats like wives can cheat how much they can but if man is busted that would be like killing the wife.
    i think its all because not having any law against husband-wife cheating.

Lord forbid that there are children involved. The courts lean heavily to the mother's side for custody and everything seems to go to the mother "in support" of the children. They can go after you retirement and there is a percentage chart that allows them to get more the longer they were married to you. The courts will also divide the debts. They will divide the debt between the 2 people. The order from the court is a temporary restraining order to the creditors. So say you pay all your bills and credit cards off and the X stops paying her bills or goes bankrupt... they can now come after you for the debt and also report it to your credit report.

For all the young men out there...all I can say is listen to the Tom Leykis show

thats not fair, specially if wife asks for divorce. what if the wife gets re-married to they still get the benefits? that would be like collecting fortune.
    and whats about paying of the bills, why the feck they go after the men if the wife goes crazy on shopping.
    as far as the living together thing, we have common laws, that state if the man and woman are living together for a certain period of time in the same dwelling sharing it, even though they aren't married their belongings become shared in a legal sense. the laws vary from state to state.

as far as divorce, i'm not really sure, because i haven't experienced it or known someone well that experienced it like that, but the judges here would probably be partial to the wife for the reason that she often wants and gets custody of the kids. some things could make it worse, for instance if you are having an affair, and you're wife finds out and divorces you, i wouldn't be surprised if that judge gave her almost everything in the divorce.
    or even if shes is busted

reading through these posted i just want to ask about something is USA law written by ladies or what?
    or this just an scam to divert ladies demands from asking to be putted in same stage as men

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. Lounge   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Yeah, Bawa - the same laws apply if a man cheats on his independently wealthy wife. He gets a large proportion of her wealth if they split up and no pre-nuptual agreement has been signed.

So in that sense, it's not so heavily weighted toward women.

What does seem to be a little unfair in some cases are the laws involving custody of any children. These are heavily biased toward the woman based on nothing but her possession of a vagina, following from that is her retention of the family home coupled with maintennance payments from the ex-husband and father of her children. These payments are decided by what is supposed to be an independent process and is dependent on his income.

This process is far from perfect, however.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

More specifically chattels, I would have thought.
    Fixed.
    How, I meant the number was increasing.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    What does seem to be a little unfair in some cases are the laws involving custody of any children. These are heavily biased toward the woman based on nothing but her possession of a vagina,

I think that may be over-simplifying the process (I know you're speaking to bAWa).

There are also considerations regarding bonding, who has spent more time with the children, who the children want to be with, who wants to have the children, will the man give up work to be with them, who knows the childrens's needs best, through experience, who has the more nurturing spirit, who can cook, clean and iron.

I think it's a bit more complex than possession, or otherwise, of a vagina.
    Last edited by Chip Monk; 04-11-2007 at 03:03 PM.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    Fixed.
    How, I meant the number was increasing.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    What does seem to be a little unfair in some cases are the laws involving custody of any children. These are heavily biased toward the woman based on nothing but her possession of a vagina,

I think that may be over-simplifying the process (I know you're speaking to bAWa).

There are also considerations regarding bonding, who has spent more time with the children, who the children want to be with, who wants to have the children, will the man give up work to be with them, who knows the childrens's needs best, through experience, who has the more nurturing spirit, who can cook, clean and iron.

I think it's a bit more complex than possession, or otherwise, of a vagina.
    All the things you mention (cooking, cleaning, ironing, nurturing spirit etc.) are dependent upon having a vagina, Shirley.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast