Thread: Is there any site where you can ask questions to a Computer/IT guru free of cost?

I am looking for a site or you can say that particular Computer guru's site, where he/she can solve my problems. Like I post him my problems and then he mails me its solution/suggestion freely.
    Thanks!

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Try this forum !

Who is going to run a website just so that they can help you for free !

Some guru's try/need to make a living from helping people or companies with their computers. (I used to in the 80's)

Try getting someone to mow your lawns for nothing !

Regards

Digby

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Yeah, try asking your questions here

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    There are a few sites around I think (whilst the info may be for free revenue is gained through adverts so it's worth it for those running the sites). http://computing.net/ is one example.

Most will be forum based though so it's worth just using this site to post your questions.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    There are multiple forums around the world whose sole purpose is to help others. This forum is one of them and, for example, www.videohelp.com is specialized in encoding, video questions.
    Just try to type your question in Google and, if it is well formed and contains all the necessary information, you will find your site in no time!

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    yes

experts exchange
    you only get so many points when you join up though

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    youngcoders.com has a forum, and most people are happy to help for free. You could try there, and you could also try posting your problem here!

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    A good one that I have used is http://hothardware.com. It's a tech forum with a lot of it people who help for free.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    lineman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    www.beyond3d.com is a very good site if you want to ask about computer hardware. People on the forum helped me many times in the past.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by m.r.davies View Post
    yes

experts exchange
    you only get so many points when you join up though
    Back when it was possible to look at answers to questions on there through the google-cache (what a bunch of nubs to not notice that was possible, and for ages too), I used to look at what people on there had to say, and I can't say I'm very impressed about the quality of the answers I've seen.

I certainly wouldn't pay.

I also think I once saw someone make a useful reply on there and get moderated for it since he wasn't registered as a helper or something (might not be EE but a similar place, tho').

All in all, places like that aren't worth the hassle.