Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoff.....

DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Yeah, this should sting for a while for the Mavs and Mr. Cuban. They have a long summer to ponder about this one. Dirk going 2-13? Didn't expect that one from him. Not very MVP-like. I was impressed with baron davis playing hurt during the game. Saw his acrobatic three pointer. What a shot!

2. Sports Club   -   #32
    LOL the GSW deserve a great amount of congrats for defeating the Mavs...I doubt if anyone saw this coming.

3. Sports Club   -   #33
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post
    Greatest upset in the history of NBA.

The 8 seeded Warriors beat the 1 seeded Mavs in round one of NBA playoffs...

Bye bye mavs........
    1. The Mavs had 67 wins this year.

2. In contrast, the Warriors had to win something like their last 10 games (including the very last game against the Trailblazers) just to sneak in to the playoffs.

3. What Dwyane Wade said about Dirk Nowitzki last year was true. Dirk may be a great player but he is no leader. He has too much bitch in him.

The heroics at the end of game 5 were great. However, the consistent players were Jason Terry and Josh Howard. Even Jerry Stackhouse was more heroic during the games than Dirk. He needs to man up.

4. If the Mavs could have beat the Warriors then I think they could have beat anybody. That was a meat grinder of a series for them.

5. There was a side story in that Nelly and Cuban have a contentious relationship from when Nelly coached the Mavs. Nelly contends he is owed 6 mill from Cuban. As far as last laughs, Nelly is starting out great.

6. I am rooting for the Warriors to win the whole thing. They play inspired basketball. In fact they remind me of the Phoenix Suns but more exciting.

7. When I see how Baron Davis played with a hammy and see how Dirk played, it really shits on Dirk even more.

8. I think this was good for basketball. Many believe that when the favorite goes out that the casual watcher won't watch anymore. I believe this series was basically a commercial for the Warriors. I will be watching the next series when they play Houston or Utah.

9. Everyone on the Warriors is a highlight since they all have standout performances. They don't really play with a true center ffs.

10. This is one of the best series I have ever seen.

The NBA's playoffs series format is THE best format of any sport in the world for determining the best team. If you have an off game one night, you are not knocked out of contention. The other team can grind back and still beat you.

Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    Yeah, this should sting for a while for the Mavs and Mr. Cuban. They have a long summer to ponder about this one. Dirk going 2-13? Didn't expect that one from him. Not very MVP-like. I was impressed with baron davis playing hurt during the game. Saw his acrobatic three pointer. What a shot!
    ....and notice who he shot over. 7-foot Dirk Nobitchzki.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-04-2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Sports Club   -   #34
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    GS dominated Dallas last night!!
    That was an ass whoopin'

5. Sports Club   -   #35
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    GS dominated Dallas last night!!
    That was an ass whoopin'
    I wish I could have been at those games.

That crowd was amazing. It was like college basketball.

[youtube]Gb0oEMXfFT8[/youtube]

6. Sports Club   -   #36
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    The NBA's playoffs series format is THE best format of any sport in the world for determining the best team. If you have an off game one night, you are not knocked out of contention. The other team can grind back and still beat you.
    Going by that logic, you're pretty much saying that any playoff with a 7 game series is the best format for determining the champ. I'm sure you realize this isnt just unique to the NBA.

7. Sports Club   -   #37
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Update:

The round one is over and it is in the history books.....Now This are the teams that make it in round 2:

Eastern Conference:

Detroit vs Chicago ( Detroit leads 1 - 0 )
    Cleveland vs New Jersey

Western Conference:

Phoenix vs San Antonio
    Golden State vs Utah

My Favorite nuggets and Houston are both eliminated....Sorry Tmac 6 times in a row. maybe next season...

But my prediction is still alive.... Go Suns....
    Last edited by kirktrix; 05-06-2007 at 07:02 AM.
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

8. Sports Club   -   #38
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Not again......

T-Mac and my Rockets lost.

yo

9. Sports Club   -   #39
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Shit, Yao Ming sucked....

Damnit, I wanted Houston to at least get to the 2nd round.

Let's go NJ and Bulls!
    No Whining

10. Sports Club   -   #40
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsSB View Post
    Shit, Yao Ming sucked....
    I hope Hakeem will teach Yao Ming some basic inside move......
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast