Thread: Post People You Suspect R Spies

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    well we aint nickin each others money, capitalist style

2. Lounge   -   #62
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    well im still here using kazaa lite...

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I quite frankly don't give a f*** if someone accuses me of being a spy as a result of posting here (check the end to see why), but hasn't anyone thought of the most obvious question - Why would the RIAA target KL directly? Kazaa is a number of P2P services using the FT network, and KL is one of many versions of Kazaa. I can understand them aiming for the FT network in general and even going for Kazaa and the differnet services seperately in order to shut them down. But seeing as there's about 1.5 million users (the 2mil number on the KMD site is for KMDs downloaded AFAIK), and the KL community has a significantly low chunk of that 1.5mil, why target a community when it's hard to get both the IP and incriminating evidence of a KL board user due to that godsend known as PeerGuardian? It would make more sense to go for the load in general rather than go for the odd "bust" or whatever.

But seriously - Why TF do we have these posts? All this was likely to do is either bring a load of inaccurate "shame & blame"-ing, or (as is here) turn into a giant joke. If you want to do this seriously ask Paul to set up a 'mass hysteria' board. My opinion is that if you suspect someone, PM Paul or another of the moderators (looks like jetje is gonna be the most relevant to post to concerning this post). In the meantime, I'll personally believe that Paul would be the one more concerned about spies on the board than I am - and in turn, he's following the old unwritten rule "Keep your friends close..."

And (because I'm on an adrenaline charge due to doing necessary flaming) for other matters raised.
    • IMO JPaul is not a spy. An a**hole maybe, a stubborn g*t a lot of the times, but not one to sell out the forum. Call me naive if you don't see it that way, but to me he is a stubborn git Funky Capricorn, on the other hand, has been off a lot recently...nah, I'm taking the p*ss; he doesn't seem like that kind of person himself. I'd more suspect the guests and the 'newcomers' that have been here for more than 4 weeks but have done less than 10 posts.
    • 4u21dr, I'll pencil you in for Sunday 18th December, 2135. If you don't like that, a picture of my finger's in the mail.

Guys, if you want to argue this then fine - Go ahead. But it could irrepareably damage the stability of the KL community if this witch-hunt continues. If it's a joke then fine, but make sure it's clear that it is satire (put it in the thread title or sommat mods). But like I said at the start, I'm going on record to say that I am under no circumstance a spy for the RIAA (before anyone witch-hunts me) - I have a lack of morals in the real world but I have ethics for places with little morals. I would insult people, I would flame people, I would tell people where they can shove BS when they give it to me, but I wouldn't grass on anyone for any gain whatsoever. And that's quite frankly because I'm in the same position, downloading the same music, the same games, the same apps and the same rare files as anyone here. If that doesn't confirm me as a legit, then there's no chance of me convincing anyone here.

If the community believes that, then it helps everyone by crossing me out as a potential spy. But if you don't, then I don't really give a sh*t - Because I know I'm here trying to help the community as it helped me when I started, and if you don't believe me then I never will so what's the point?

Anyway - for anyone who knew I wasn't a spy anyway, then I'm just making sure my points across. Better to get sort this now instead of later. Peace

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Sorry Illuminati but I got bored halfway through your post and just decided to reply based on where I think you are going.

This thread is a joke, that is exactly my point. The person who started this thread is obviously trying to stir up some trouble. It is easy to figure that one out by how he/she responds to the first few replies.

Witch-hunting for spies is not going to get any of us anywhere. Any number of us could be a spy. But I think the most level headed person on this thread is probably the first one to mention say that most organizations will go for the big fish pirates rather than us. We are pretty much sharing the same files over and over agin throughout this program.

Maybe someone will check on our computer locations (I forget what it is called) but if that happens and your receive a letter from your ISP, change ISPs or quit. Don't waste time chasing your tail.

Enjoy Kazaa and be thankful you don't have to pay hundreds of dollars for software or CD's.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Poster
    Originally posted by Illuminati@4 June 2003 - 21:23
    IMO JPaul is not a spy. An a**hole maybe, a stubborn g*t a lot of the times, but not one to sell out the forum. Call me naive if you don't see it that way, but to me he is a stubborn git
    Thanks for that - Arsehead.

I know where I stand with you now.

Couldn't you just call me a spy, it's better than what you said.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    JPaul - What I said above about you WAS a joke. Maybe it's just the scouse custom, but around here it's more respective to be called those things above than it is to be called anything similar to a snake, a worm, a grass et al.
    If you want to have tension between us that's fine, but that'll be due to you - Those things were meant as a compliment, to describe you as someone who doesn't back down to practically anyone and is not afraid to say what they feel - That's what I meant above. If you base any conflict based on misunderstanding, whether it was your misinterpretation or my not making it fully clear, then I can fully understand it - Just don't expect me to take it lying down.

4u21dr - That was kinda the point I was trying to make, but at the time I was a little p***ed off in RL; exam stress But despite this being a joke thread (it seemed to be serious at first but others didn't take it seriously - that was the way I was seeing it when reading it first time), there are some who take such an accusation seriously - That was what the second half of my post was about. If you don't suspect me as a spy as I hope people don't, then you don't need to read the second half. It was trying to nip things in the bud for that Thanks for conveying the point

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Originally posted by Illuminati@4 June 2003 - 21:15
    JPaul - What I said above about you WAS a joke. Maybe it's just the scouse custom, but around here it's more respective to be called those things above than it is to be called anything similar to a snake, a worm, a grass et al.
    If you want to have tension between us that's fine, but that'll be due to you - Those things were meant as a compliment, to describe you as someone who doesn't back down to practically anyone and is not afraid to say what they feel - That's what I meant above. If you base any conflict based on misunderstanding, whether it was your misinterpretation or my not making it fully clear, then I can fully understand it - Just don't expect me to take it lying down.

4u21dr - That was kinda the point I was trying to make, but at the time I was a little p***ed off in RL; exam stress But despite this being a joke thread (it seemed to be serious at first but others didn't take it seriously - that was the way I was seeing it when reading it first time), there are some who take such an accusation seriously - That was what the second half of my post was about. If you don't suspect me as a spy as I hope people don't, then you don't need to read the second half. It was trying to nip things in the bud for that Thanks for conveying the point
    I still think JPaul is a spy. However I do agree with him that you are an Arsehead.

Seen your type before, abuse someone in public, then when they stand up to you say "Oh I was only joking, canīt you take it" making out that they were in the wrong when it was you who made the unprovoked attack. Then to come away with the "if thereīs any tension between us itīs your fault" is really rather pathetic. Something of a transferrance of blame I think.

Fortunately the last time I saw this sort of behaviour was in the playground. Thatīs not strictly speaking true actually. My 10 year old does it, thinks he can say anything then itīs ok if he says "only joking". I am hopefull he will grow out of it.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@4 June 2003 - 22:26
    I still think JPaul is a spy. However I do agree with him that you are an Arsehead.

Seen your type before, abuse someone in public, then when they stand up to you say "Oh I was only joking, canīt you take it" making out that they were in the wrong when it was you who made the unprovoked attack. Then to come away with the "if thereīs any tension between us itīs your fault" is really rather pathetic. Something of a transferrance of blame I think.

Fortunately the last time I saw this sort of behaviour was in the playground. Thatīs not strictly speaking true actually. My 10 year old does it, thinks he can say anything then itīs ok if he says "only joking". I am hopefull he will grow out of it.
    I've seen them before. I'm sorry that I haven't been expressing myself as well as I wished.

You're right - I didn't mean the actual 'insults' as a joke, I'll admit. I meant the full comment about JPaul was a joke in general - Those things I said about him were compliments around where I come from.
    Just don't put me with them as quick as you did - When I said that "If you want to have tension between us that's fine, but that'll be due to you", I didn't mean it as in the way you assume, but I did mean it in another way - It's too much hassle to start some kind of flaming war, but if anyone did it with me I wouldn't back down; I saw pacifism thrown back at me too many times, hence I take the defensive role. It's a reflex.

What you're probably looking for is an apology from me for what I said - I apologise sincerly for my original comments to be read the wrong way, and I'm sorry that I wasn't as clear as I wished I could have been. But I don't apologise for the actual text - I meant it as I said above. I just see this now as a matter between me and JPaul which I want to sort out in private - If you want to b*tch more about this then you'll be doing it to thin air.

<steering the thread back to the original topic>

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier+4 June 2003 - 21:26--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PB Montgolfier @ 4 June 2003 - 21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Illuminati@4 June 2003 - 21:15
    JPaul - What I said above about you WAS a joke.&nbsp; Maybe it&#39;s just the scouse custom, but around here it&#39;s more respective to be called those things above than it is to be called anything similar to a snake, a worm, a grass et al.&nbsp;
    If you want to have tension between us that&#39;s fine, but that&#39;ll be due to you - Those things were meant as a compliment, to describe you as someone who doesn&#39;t back down to practically anyone and is not afraid to say what they feel - That&#39;s what I meant above.&nbsp; If you base any conflict based on misunderstanding, whether it was your misinterpretation or my not making it fully clear, then I can fully understand it - Just don&#39;t expect me to take it lying down.&nbsp;

4u21dr - That was kinda the point I was trying to make, but at the time I was a little p***ed off in RL; exam stress &nbsp; But despite this being a joke thread (it seemed to be serious at first but others didn&#39;t take it seriously - that was the way I was seeing it when reading it first time), there are some who take such an accusation seriously - That was what the second half of my post was about.&nbsp; If you don&#39;t suspect me as a spy as I hope people don&#39;t, then you don&#39;t need to read the second half.&nbsp; It was trying to nip things in the bud for that &nbsp; Thanks for conveying the point

Fortunately the last time I saw this sort of behaviour was in the playground. Thatīs not strictly speaking true actually. My 10 year old does it, thinks he can say anything then itīs ok if he says "only joking". I am hopefull he will grow out of it. [/b][/quote]
    To be fair to Illuminati, thats the custom where i live too, depending upon its context.

As to the topic...why would they need to post?

How many topics have you seen asking:

"Where do you live?",

"Whats your occupation?",

"Whats your real name?".

Why not just save them all the time and effort by just giving your name, address and telephone number?

This Forum is open and its upto you all to protect your details as best you can, especially if this worries you.

This Topic was opened as a joke ( I Think), and should be taken as such, we all know that Big Brother is going to be attracted to this type of forum, especially as it grows.

If you let paranoia run your life though, I feel sorry for you.

Just take precautions, your profile is yours to control.....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Good point RF. However I was always taught write for the reader. If the chap posted in such a way that would not be offensive in the North of England amongst friends and expected that people from all over the world would understand this then it was rather naive.

I for one took the post on face value and assumed it to be insulting. From JPaulīs response I assumed he did the same. Itīs all about frames of reference really. However I can say that, in the UK bullying and harrasment are judged in the feelings of the recipient, not on the intentions of the person who performed the act.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast