Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: :earl: pictures

speedie is quite possibly the chaviest name i have ever heard, apart from turbo.
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

2. Lounge   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    It was absolutely amazing. Breathtaking views, a couple of spliffs, some drinks and the best company in the world.

I count myself very lucky to be allowed this
    Someday I will come to Scotland and improve the view in two places.

I will even bring a guitar that I cannot play, which will be a relief.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #13
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    It was absolutely amazing. Breathtaking views, a couple of spliffs, some drinks and the best company in the world.

I count myself very lucky to be allowed this

..It could be worse..It could have been a violin

4. Lounge   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post

One day I will have a violin, one that I shall never play.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagarga View Post
    speedie is quite possibly the chaviest name i have ever heard, apart from turbo.

It's his actual last name

It's not a nick name

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post

One day I will have a violin, one that I shall never play.
    ...phew..

..as long as you leave it in the states when you visit all should be great (unless you are refering to your straddlevarious),... in which case will I find it? Bring that one by all means!..Just don't start practising in the dales..

*Definition of Hogmanay: Hogmanay, if you ask a Scott, this will be invaraiably received and answered with a knowing shrug of the shoulders... Exactly the same sort of shrug, if asked whether they really wear undies under their quilts kilts.

This is The Truth about Hogmanay and why it received such a piggish name. Well already, I have "dropped" a clue. Did you see it.

The main reason is, because the Scotts, better known as The Picts ( not pricks, that's an outdated Geordie joke) live in a ijle climate. Occasionaly the Golf Stream does lash the North Western coast of Scotland, which is why the Mackay clan are such good footballers.

Getting back to the anaology between Hogmanay and a Pig.

Because of the climate, the Scotts are a thrifty folk. They work long hours to store enough oats for the Dark Season, which commences in March just after the long winter night. This all means that they have nought to share with other folks. That's why they are called stingy in the folks mouth. Luckily, they have an assett. This assett is a natuaral occuring plague of small flies, called midgies. These midgies are the main ingredient of the famous Scottish New Years "giveaways" known also as Flies" these are lavishly given to the first-footers that visit during Hogamanay; and harvested at their peak in the summer, when they are still filled with visitor's blood.

So the reason Hogmanay is called Hogmanay and not Pigamy is because pigamy was too much like Bigamy, and that subject is still taboe amongst the clans.

If the Golf Steam had lashed their coast more often, They might have even invented television and football; to watch it on.

So you see the reason is climatical .

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    blah blah blah blah
    Fixed.

You could save yourself a lot of time and effort by just posting the above quote in future, I'm pretty sure that's all everyone ever gets from your posts now.

I know I do

8. Lounge   -   #18
    I already thought of that, but abandoned that idea as being too repetative and boring.

A point you have over-looked, is that that this definition was posted after a request from our General -In -Disguise, General Skweeky, who was not aware of the ancient New Years Scottish custom, Hogamanay. I bundled a little "code"into it and posted as requested.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Yah sheer the sheep and sell it to the japs as poodle!

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12