Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: using sct without seedbox

Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I have been a member at sct for a week, I have a 3 + ratio and i have uploaded 15GB's. I too, only have 1mbit up. Then again, my computer has been on since i became a member...

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Thx all for the replies!

Maybe i'll have a seedbox someday and my sct account will then be more useful, i'm kinda disappointed though, i don't want to look everyday for new release that i could partly seed, it's too time consuming

I have to agree that it is harder to seed back in oink but the size of the files are much smaller so even a 2 gig buffer isn't that bad.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    my upload is only 50kB/s and i get 1:1 on pretty much everything i download on sct.
    only grab new releases, and seed 24/7, and theres no reason u cant seed the whole lot back.
    i know its full of overseeders, and its hard to compete, but thats what makes it what it is, speed, lots of it.
    u shouldnt expect it to be as easy as other trackers to keep a ratio.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    RSS feed should help you a lot if your upload speed is not that bad
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    sharefile4's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechrobot View Post
    sharefile4, most of the times the only files that will be different will be sample, sfv, or nfo so u can just select not to download them and u will be seeding the other files, as simple as that
    Quote Originally Posted by hungdob View Post
    sharefile4 even if its not 100% the same u could still listed as a leecher but upload it to other people..
    my connection is really bad but somehow i have around 35 gb buffer on sct, the only bad thing i can say is their pretimes which arent the best to say the least

Thank you guys! I'll try tomorrow with Lost s03e19 and Jericho...
    Thanks for the info..

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    no prob and good luck raising your ratio

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Durkslag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zalamo View Post
    omg why you join the tracker if you dont attemp to use it .
    Otherwise it gives you a certain cachet if all your friends are 13 years old and spend all of their spare time in front of the computer, filesharing.
    Don't talk about me like that

But anyway, yes, about 97% of people at ScT have seedboxes, its kinda hard without one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12