Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Zero Post "members"

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    A membership fee is a bad idea. Not only is it against the entire point of file-sharing, it'll discriminate against those who aren't well-off financially, who are too young to have credit cards, or who have currency worth far less than whatever currency you'd decide to have.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Out of The Ordinary
    no-one is gonna pay to use a forum
    True, I wouldnt anyway

BOT

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    Maybe a new life fot the participation level of course without the cheating option!

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    Poster
    Originally posted by nigel123@5 July 2003 - 08:43
    Is it possible to introduce a membership fee? (I have seen the arguments regarding paypal and credit cards.) This may encourage administrators to allow the amount of connections to be returned to 500?

This is the basic idea then, you have three catergories; guests, members and paying members(with extra priviledges)

For guests nothing changes.

Members would be on a sort "hotmail system".No post inside 30 days then they have to renew their membership.

Paying members would always be on the short list for connection, they automatically jump the connection queue and also would not have any posting requirements. Other priveledges could be formulated in the future.

The only problem that remains is how to collect the membership fees. I myself have an internet bank account. This is an ABNAMRO account. I can instantly write money over to any bank account while I eat my breakfast! All I need is the account number.( And of course money on my account)

In any case I hope that vou find a solution, it would be a pity if this Forum dissapeared because of its own popularity!
    OMG
    Your an f**King genius!
    I would pay!!

who are too young to have credit cards

I think they'll give a credit card (in the US) to a 12 year old if the parent would allow it.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^+5 July 2003 - 22:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShockAndAwe^i^ @ 5 July 2003 - 22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@5 July 2003 - 08:43
    Is it possible to introduce a membership fee? (I have seen the arguments regarding paypal and credit cards.) This may encourage administrators to allow the amount&nbsp; of connections to be returned to 500?

This is the basic idea then, you have three catergories; guests, members and paying members(with extra priviledges)

For guests nothing changes.

Members would be on a sort "hotmail system".No post inside 30 days then they have to renew their membership.

Paying members would always be on the short list for connection, they automatically jump the connection queue and also would not have any posting requirements. Other priveledges could be formulated in the future.

The only problem that remains is how to collect the membership fees. I myself have an internet bank account. This is an ABNAMRO account. I can instantly write&nbsp; money over to any bank account while I eat my breakfast&#33; All I need is the account number.( And of course money on my account)

In any case I hope that vou find a solution, it would be a pity if this Forum dissapeared because of its own popularity&#33;
    OMG
    Your an f**King genius&#33;
    I would pay&#33;&#33;

who are too young to have credit cards

I think they&#39;ll give a credit card (in the US) to a 12 year old if the parent would allow it. [/b][/quote]
    I am amazed at the number of people who seem to want to pay for things that are free.
    The system is beautiful as it stands.

It&#39;s realy a matter of paitence,which I dont think some of our younger members have found out yet.
    Hey I know it can be annoying when u want to post and the forums down,but it is only posting.
    You know the board is going to be up soon again......it allways is
    so just wait awhile and dl the files were all on here for in the first place.

Enjoy the web while it last in it&#39;s current configuration,The old model is changing
    Soon we will be flooded with subscription models for everything.
    If u realy enjoy a site or a freeware program donate thru pay-pal,a littel something.

There are very littel things in life that are free,I for one am going to enjoy the things that are&#33;

Peace brotherdoobie

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by zapjb@6 June 2003 - 21:42
    I&#39;m sick & tired of these takers. There&#39;s like way over 10,000 members on this board without even 1 fn post. Members with 1 post or more deserve priority over those 10,000+ with none. When the servers getting slammed we deserve priority. Those with 0 post count are just leechers. I don&#39;t know if this is feasible or not. How about when the servers getting slammed. When nobody can get to the forums. It trips a switch or something. Then members only with 1 post or more can get in. If at least 10,000/25,000 members have 0 zero posts. Then theroretically this cuts down server traffic by at least 40%. Yes I&#39;d like to see this implemented. Or some fairer variation. I&#39;m only talking about "members" with zero (0) posts. How can they help anybody here directly with zero posts. And don&#39;t tell me even 0.1% of the 10,000-14,000 members with zero posts pm or otherwise contact members of this forum in a helpful way. One of my points is that they&#39;re (0 posters) not helping anyone. So if the servers busy they should have to get in line BEHIND posters to get into the forum. Simple in concept anyways. Hardly anybody gets it. I&#39;m talking about people who never ever posted. Not once. I&#39;m not talking about low post counts. But about NO post counts.
    Its so true what you say brotherdoobie. This was a response not to my impatience, but to the original post from senior member Zapjb.

I also wish you peace.

Nigel.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    These problems, and possible solutions are under constant consultation/debate.

We do look in here and take your views into account.

Think of this post as merely encouragement to stay on topic, and post ideas.

Rat Faced

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    Why don&#39;t you just delete accounts with no posts after say a week or two of inactivity? I created my account approxomatly 3 minutes ago, and I have managed to post, it does seem a bit unfair, and pointless, that thousands create accounts and then ignore them.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by nigel123@6 July 2003 - 08:16
    Its so true what you say brotherdoobie. This was a response not to my impatience, but to the original post from senior member Zapjb.

I also wish you peace.

Nigel.
    @Nigel....Yes I understand what you are saying,and u do have some good ideas.
    I just feel that things are fine the way they are.

It is good however to hear some constructive comments and ideas.
    That is what makes this forum great.
    Keep thinking and posting we need more of this on the forum

Peace brotherdoobie

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by Wolverine@6 July 2003 - 14:27
    Why don&#39;t you just delete accounts with no posts after say a week or two of inactivity?
    One or two weeks would be too short a time... What if you go on vacation for two or three weeks, let&#39;s say in Spain or wherever? Some well-known active members have left for summer...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast