Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Zero Post "members"

Sorry, slight misunderstanding from my post, I meant delete accounts after a set time that have no total posts whatsoever, that way someone with more than say 1 post can go on vacation with no worries.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #52
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Sorry, my mistake...
    Won't post again today, seems I'm still to hung-over to read posts correctly...
    Goin' back to bed seems the right solution, or uninstall then reinstall my brain functions!

Anyway, I thought this some kind of automatic function... Live and learn, I always say.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #53
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    nigel123, Thanks for responding to my original post. Though I don't concur with your pay system, it is on topic & thought provoking. I would like to hear other non-pay solutions from you & other members. TY

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #54
    Poster
    How about this!
    After you hit your 100th post you have to pay a small yearly fee of $20.00 or something.
    This would most certainly cut down on spamming and help the board pay some bill's for bandwidth and board improvments.

I don't know....just batting around some idea's.
    What do you think?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #55
    BANNED
    f*ck that

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #56
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@9 July 2003 - 07:25
    How about this!
    After you hit your 100th post you have to pay a small yearly fee of $20.00 or something.
    This would most certainly cut down on spamming and help the board pay some bill's for bandwidth and board improvments.

I don't know....just batting around some idea's.
    What do you think?
    WTF are You serious?

BOT

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #57
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    My previous point still stands. If people wish to pay for the use of the board, they're able to donate. If people are unable to do so, they shouldn't be excluded.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #58
    BANNED
    its a bit like reall life pay for help

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #59
    Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@9 July 2003 - 07:57
    My previous point still stands. If people wish to pay for the use of the board, they're able to donate. If people are unable to do so, they shouldn't be excluded.

You are spot on there Magic

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #60
    Originally posted by zapjb@6 June 2003 - 17:42
    I'm sick & tired of these takers. There's like way over 10,000 members on this board without even 1 fn post. Members with 1 post or more deserve priority over those 10,000+ with none. When the servers getting slammed we deserve priority. Those with 0 post count are just leechers. I don't know if this is feasible or not. How about when the servers getting slammed. When nobody can get to the forums. It trips a switch or something. Then members only with 1 post or more can get in. If at least 10,000/25,000 members have 0 zero posts. Then theroretically this cuts down server traffic by at least 40%. Yes I'd like to see this implemented. Or some fairer variation. I'm only talking about "members" with zero (0) posts. How can they help anybody here directly with zero posts. And don't tell me even 0.1% of the 10,000-14,000 members with zero posts pm or otherwise contact members of this forum in a helpful way. One of my points is that they're (0 posters) not helping anyone. So if the servers busy they should have to get in line BEHIND posters to get into the forum. Simple in concept anyways. Hardly anybody gets it. I'm talking about people who never ever posted. Not once. I'm not talking about low post counts. But about NO post counts.
    I agree that people who are not on the forum to post or help should not be allowed the same priority in forum traffic as posters....

Except for one little detail that many of you are overlooking. I have quite a few friends who are members of the forum, but don't post because they are AFRAID to! People on the forum tend to flame newbies, and yell at them for the same newbie mistakes that just about everyone makes. There is little tolerance here for people who do not have a degree in P2P language.

What I think the forum needs is a little more maturity and a little less newbie discriminating. If the forum were less threatening to speak in, there might not be so many people with zero post counts!

I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing much less blatant rudeness, anal retentiveness, and sarcasm here... especially from big posters, they should know better. Newbie behavior is innocent of the ways of the forum... rude behavior by veteran posters is inexcuseable.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast