Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do they know we exist?

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    You know by the title, Jimbo I thought this was gonna be another one of those girl help threads where some loser whines about the hot girls not asking him out on dates, paying any attention, ect...

but on a more serious note, i had read somewhere that some tribes of australia's native people may not know about "civilization", got no links to give on that one tho'.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. Lounge   -   #12

Surprised/Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by valhallabjj View Post
    I note the you used the term "conquered" in respect to whether, by implication, those of your color had gained dominance over "savages". Isn't that interesting historically it appears that the most savage treatments have come from the conquerers.
    As for skin color, we live in the 21st century it's time to get over that way of thinking wouldn't you agree?
    Shame on me, i used savages as a reference to a film i saw. I withdraw that comment. And well, if we didn't shoot them, they would have savaged us with spears and slingshots. We can argue about who the savages were, but i'm British, so i already know. Whilst Brittania was building boats, the rest of the world were scratching their arses with flint. Granted, the slave trade was a horrible part of history that those people should have been fully disgusted by.

Can i point out again, that i am a black UK citizen. Whoever said my skin color had gained dominance needs to rethink that statement.

I never mentioned skin color in derogotive terms. I apologise to any purple people out there. My question was are there places in the world that do not even know that there are other races in the world they don't know about. I mention conquering because, looking back on history, there are very few occassions i can think of when someone has discovered a new land and not conquered it.

Britian took all it could, as did Spain. The Japanese tried, the Indians tried and Americans did there bit. I will go as far as to say that if the technologies to do such "expeditions" were available to other nations at that time,the history books would have been re-written, because they would have done the conquering.

Anyhow, thanks Mediaslayer, you've come the closest to answering the questions.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Nicely put that chap!

As for your question, I wouldn't be surprised as there are still a few remote places on the earth.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12