Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Set-up Leaseweb Seedbox

ElGatoo's Avatar ^^ BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Install a FTP server like Serv-u or Filezilla Server.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Its all very well just saying that but the problem is i don't know how to set them up. I need someone to explain it in simple terms.
    A step by step...

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Xaeron's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I must say I'm pretty surprised you bought a seedbox even when you don't know these basic things like how to install ftp server and so on.

Step by step guides take time. You can find some for free from Google.

I could install and set up ftp server for you, but you shouldn't take up my offer as you should know the people who you give access to your seedbox to.
    If you have friend you trust and knows these things, ask for his help.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Well people have to learn things and this my my way. Hopefully once i figure this out i will be able to one day help people that are in the same situation im in now.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    LOL they removed your tcp/ip things for free?

They tried to charge me 50 euro. But it worked out.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    They tried to charge me as well but I just complained saying it should have been sorted from the get go and that i would demand a full refund unless it was sorted. They caved in eventually.
    Also, i eventually sorted out the FTP through trial and error. Was actually pretty simple in the end. Problem was that i wasn't entering the correct IP for the FTP server. hehe

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by blinx01 View Post
    They tried to charge me as well but I just complained saying it should have been sorted from the get go and that i would demand a full refund unless it was sorted. They caved in eventually.
    Also, i eventually sorted out the FTP through trial and error. Was actually pretty simple in the end. Problem was that i wasn't entering the correct IP for the FTP server. hehe
    I'm getting the same crap, right now.. The first thing I did when I logged onto my server via remote desktop was go to a website. Got the same error posted by the original poster. When I emailed support they sent this back to me..
    "When we deliver servers the server is working like it should.
    Any changes to the OS are on customers responsibility."
    But they said they would fix at a cost.. Are they trying to scam me?
    Last edited by Mind-Eracer; 05-16-2007 at 09:18 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mind-Eracer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blinx01 View Post
    I'm getting the same crap, right now.. The first thing I did when I logged onto my server via remote desktop was go to a website. Got the same error posted by the original poster. When I emailed support they sent this back to me..
    "When we deliver servers the server is working like it should.
    Any changes to the OS are on customers responsibility."
    But they said they would fix at a cost.. Are they trying to scam me?
    http://technet2.microsoft.com/window....mspx?mfr=true
    To disable TCP/IP filtering for all adapters, clear the Enable TCP/IP Filtering (All adapters) check box.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Thankyou, I got it to work... Now I just need to get fileZilla to work... I can Connect but I get an ERROR right now..

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    To get the FTP to work for me, this is what i did;

Download and install Filezilla Server onto my rented server. Set that up and created a user account for me to use.
    Then on my one computer, downloaded and installed smartFTP. Entered the IP address of my server and then the username and password i created for the FTP server and clicked connect.
    DONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast