Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it bad

Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post

That's a bit harsh, chaps just having a discussion on internet filesharing and the like. You have thought that would be OK.

Why the Lounge I hear you cry. Well as we've discussed before that allows for the cheery banter and badinage, without people getting all anal about it.

Keep the spam where it belongs. Everyone happy and so forth. You know it makes sence.
    I'm sure you want wizard scuff's cawk, you ghey.
    I like a bit of rough, yes. What of it.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard Scuff View Post
    I try to keep my ratios just above 1 and manage to do it on everything except demonoid. demonoid forces me to keep it above 2.
    i found something that made me laugh, i had to read it twice to make sure its not a joke. it looks like youve been seeding to 2.00 for nothing mate.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Demonoid technically does not require that a good upload/download ratio must be maintained by its users. If a good ratio is not maintained Demonoid will not automatically ban the user. According to the moderators of the site, this is due to the extra resources which would be required to track all of the users' ratios, as well as the difficulty of tracking external usage. Although ratio limits are requested by many users in the site's suggestion forums, the staff of Demonoid have made it very clear that this will not happen, and discussion will not be entered into regarding this topic.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonoid_(BitTorrent)
    Last edited by Alien5; 05-22-2007 at 03:28 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2

Any idea when/what they're upgrading?
    I think it's only the XL. mate.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html.../schedule.html
    pisscans, it looks like it might be worth upgrading tho'.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagarga View Post
    i'm on 2mb which is meant to be 8mb, plusnet cunts. my upload constantly hits 49k/s
    Plusnet sounds like a really good company.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6676819.stm

5. Lounge   -   #35
    According to the webshite, we shouldn't be getting the 4mb interweb or the tv on demand included for the price we're paying

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    i found something that made me laugh, i had to read it twice to make sure its not a joke. it looks like youve been seeding to 2.00 for nothing mate.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Demonoid technically does not require that a good upload/download ratio must be maintained by its users. If a good ratio is not maintained Demonoid will not automatically ban the user. According to the moderators of the site, this is due to the extra resources which would be required to track all of the users' ratios, as well as the difficulty of tracking external usage. Although ratio limits are requested by many users in the site's suggestion forums, the staff of Demonoid have made it very clear that this will not happen, and discussion will not be entered into regarding this topic.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonoid_(BitTorrent)
    What are you talking about now. If the file does not complete until the ratio is two or more, then it doesn't complete and you keep seeding. Unless of course you can continue downloading but not upload at the same time. How can/would you do that.

If experience tells someone that, even if they switch off the upload as soon as the download is completed and the ratio stays over two, then what's your point exactly. What's funny.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    can this be moved to somewhere where the cawks that care read this?

Scruff, your not amusing.
    That's a bit harsh, chaps just having a discussion on internet filesharing and the like. You have thought that would be OK.

Why the Lounge I hear you cry. Well as we've discussed before that allows for the cheery banter and badinage, without people getting all anal about it.

Keep the spam where it belongs. Everyone happy and so forth. You know it makes sence.
    This is an off-topic section. The topic being file sharing. The above constitues discussing file sharing, so get it in where "they" can read it.

i like you Chip Munk.
    xx

8. Lounge   -   #38
    ok let me explain in a different way

i join demonoid and download 1000's of torrents and im worried that im goint to recieve a warning from the staff or even a ban.

then i upload twice as much as ive downloaded, then i check my ratio in my profile on demonoid - it says 2.00.

then i post this thread in the lounge called ' Is it bad'

alien5 answers the question with a link from wikipedia that says demonoid does not ban or warn users for a low ratio becuse it has too many users and is a half public half private site. get it? it was funny to me. he uploaded 2 times too much out of fear.
    Last edited by Alien5; 05-22-2007 at 03:46 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    ok let me explain in a different way

i join demonoid and download 1000's of torrents and im worried that im goint to recieve a warning from the staff or even a ban.

then i upload twice as much as ive downloaded, then i check my ratio in my profile on demonoid - it says 2.00.

then i post this thread in the lounge called ' Is it bad'

alien5 answers the question with a link from wikipedia that says demonoid does not ban or warn users for a low ratio becuse it has too many users and is a half public half private site. get it? it was funny to me. he uploaded 2 times too much out of fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawkbreath
    If the file does not complete until the ratio is two or more, then it doesn't complete and you keep seeding.
    Allen, learn to read

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by cawkbreath
    If the file does not complete until the ratio is two or more, then it doesn't complete and you keep seeding.
    Allen, learn to read
    you lot need to read the thread from the begining, there are 2 kinds of ratio, 1 is your overall ratio, and the other is the ratio of 1 torrent.

i was explaining that demonoid doesnt warn or ban you for having an overall bad ratio in your profile.
    Last edited by Alien5; 05-22-2007 at 05:20 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast