Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RTS Ripping off ScT

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    many small sites have own content

Especially those that allow anyone to up, and don't have these crazy criteria to do so, like RARed and 50Mbit up

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Yoga's Avatar \ ( ^ 0 ^ ) / BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    How nice, a bunch of pirates arguing the morality of stealing from each other.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by quakie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    Personally i can get my hands on around 70% or more of the packs from ftp's.
    So why does it really matter from were i download the packs? I prefer downloading from torrents since i dont have to worry about credits then, all i need to do is leave the computer on. (might also add that im not uploading anything to any trackers)
    But what whats the big deal with uploading something from one tracker then uploading it to another?
    It might not be morally correct to do it, But nether is downloading anything that is copyrighted.

Though i can understand why someone might get irritated if they spend time and credits on making the packs only to find them uploaded on 3 other sites a few hours later. But then you can take the pleasure in knowing that a lot more people will enjoy your work :p
    Just share and be happy
    ?

Isn't it the torrent-sites that makes this packs?
    Ehh, no. The scene rips the episodes / movies and releases them.
    What the torrent site does is toss all those episodes / movies into one folder and make a torrent of it. I dont think that qualifies as "making" them.

I have access to a few 10TB ftp archives. And most of those actually archive them as a "pack"

Series
    -Lost
    --Season 1
    --Season 2
    --Season 3
    Thats how the folder three would look, now if i were do "make" a pack of that i have to download the say season 1.
    Then Rename the folder to: Lost.S01.DVDRip.XviD-WAT-(Name of torrent site) Then make a torrent of it, and upload that torrent to the torent site.
    This does not qualify as "making" the pack if you ask me.

But if the torrent site dont want you to upload their packs to other sites, And i guess thats their choice and we as users have to respect the rules of the sites we chose to use.
    We might not agree with them, But we should follow the rules they have set for us.
    Last edited by Cheffy; 05-22-2007 at 12:17 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    BANNED BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqozo View Post
    Nope, it's ScT stole this pack from RTS . But RTS uploader was a smart guy, he knew it would happen, so he initially named the dir as Final.Destination.Pack.DVDRip-ScT , in order to make ScT's uploader's life easier

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    upGrayde's Avatar Tax Evader BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    enter sarcasm

damn, this wildbytes guy is the most righteous guy isn't he? he never does anything wrong and his site is the most experienced

exit sarcasm
    Alright.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by upGrayde View Post
    enter sarcasm

damn, this wildbytes guy is the most righteous guy isn't he? he never does anything wrong and his site is the most experienced

exit sarcasm
    Nobody said he was more righteous than anyone else.
    This forum is for commenting is it not?
    Everyone is subject to comment in their own opinions are they not?
    You left a comment about Wild and I respect that.
    If you feel like making a comment about me as well feel free to.
    You can even call me an asshole in your comment if you like.
    Dont think it would bother me 1 bit. Although it might give you a good laugh when you get a reply to your post from myself when I plainly agree with you calling me an asshole

Point of the story... Its a forum for commenting. Hes commenting, your commenting, comments are comments.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    upGrayde's Avatar Tax Evader BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by upGrayde View Post
    enter sarcasm

exit sarcasm
    Nobody said he was more righteous than anyone else.
    This forum is for commenting is it not?
    Everyone is subject to comment in their own opinions are they not?
    You left a comment about Wild and I respect that.
    If you feel like making a comment about me as well feel free to.
    You can even call me an asshole in your comment if you like.
    Dont think it would bother me 1 bit. Although it might give you a good laugh when you get a reply to your post from myself when I plainly agree with you calling me an asshole

Point of the story... Its a forum for commenting. Hes commenting, your commenting, comments are comments.
    lol
    Alright.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Funny, i just PMd a uploader from the site in question the other day about taking one of the packs from a certain site. And like i told him, it took a lot of time an effort to put some of those packs together....its cool if you give credit, something like "i saw this around and thought members here might like it, thanks to original upper" or use it to make an original pack, ie. add a few, take some out, but to upload a 1for1 identical pack (he even used the images used by the original uploader) is very sad.

Proud Member of:

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggyme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post

Well that is bullshit.

On wb we will delete shit that is renamed and or stolen inhouse releases. If your going to steal it atleast give credit to where you got it from.

Wild
    Yeah, it is.

But keep in mind though, most of the packs are scene releases, which means you COULD have gotten it from a topsite but you could also get it from another tracker. And furthermore, most of the packs here are like season packs of common tv shows, movies, etc. It's not like personally encoded exclusive video or anything.

I'm sure RTS will be against this sort of stuff as well.
    If I remember correctly, I think they banned an uploader who stole one of FTN's packs?
    im not sure about that. if that is the case they wouild be banning staff members of rts... an rts staffer got banned from ftn for uploading a ftn pack onto rts.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga View Post
    How nice, a bunch of pirates arguing the morality of stealing from each other.
    ..lol ... its like pickpocketing a bank robber

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast