Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Console Sales

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    ps3 will be top on that charts after there top exclusive games starts to hit market.....those games are only possible on bluray 'cause the amount of stuff that will packed on 1 disc....bluray games for PS3 will change the way we game in future....

and i also read somewhere that 360 is using its 98% of power at the moment, where as PS3 is still using somewhere 30-40% of its power....So guys like i said exclusive games will win the war for PS3 hands down...

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Games   -   #12
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    No doubt the PS3 will pick up some time next year but I seriously doubt that they will revolutionize "the way we game in future". It'll just be the same as before. But with nicer graphics.

3. Games   -   #13
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    No doubt the PS3 will pick up some time next year but I seriously doubt that they will revolutionize "the way we game in future". It'll just be the same as before. But with nicer graphics.
    Actually the PS3 has some Xavix rip-offs built into their games too.

Check out Lair (which looks like a damn good game) to see what I'm talking about.

4. Games   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Sounds good, but I like Gabe's idea better:

5. Games   -   #15
    Sounds good, but I like Gabe's idea better:

Yeah I know what they're trying to say however:

Lair looks 10 times better than Rogue Squadron
    Lair has weird air melee battles with other dragons
    The dragon lands and fights on the ground (scout walker?) fireballing knights in the ass
    The boss battles are entirely different.

From I've seen it doesn't feel or look like just "another space/air battle game" whatsoever.

[youtube]Ex1F6vRasNU[/youtube]
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-24-2007 at 11:15 PM.

6. Games   -   #16
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I bought Crabgirl a Guitar Hero guitar last month.
    What's she gonna use that for? She's a girl, lolololol.

Anyways, I'd like to see a corresponding chart on how much money was made through the sales of each console. Just out of curiosity, like.

Seeing as how the prices differ quite a lot and that, I mean.

7. Games   -   #17
    LethaL ImpuLse's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Wow, PS3 sales.... ouch.

8. Games   -   #18
    Interesting. Nintendo games seem to be selling the most as well:

The top ten selling handheld and home console games in the US were Pokemon Diamond (DS, 1.045 million), Pokemon Pearl (DS, 712,000), Super Paper Mario (Wii, 352,000), Wii Play w/ Remote (Wii, 249,000), Guitar Hero II w/ guitar (360, 197,000), Guitar Hero II w/ guitar (PS2, 142,000), Spider-Man 3 (360, 117,000), Spider-Man 3 (PS2, 105,000), God of War II (PS2, 101,000) and MLB ’07: The Show (79,000).
    http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=5678&Itemid=2

Guitar Hero is up there too, must be something about the "gimmicky" which people want atm. I have to admit as well as getting a Wii this month I bought Crabgirl a Guitar Hero guitar last month.
    I've been meaning to get that game. It makes sense that the best selling system will have a best selling game. Hell I want Super Paper Mario too but I can't afford it right now.

The DS having best sellers is a no-brainer to me. There are more kids than adults in the world.

However, out of all of those games, God Of War II is probably the best one. It's story, graphics, and gameplay are excellent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12