Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: British Suck

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    I could walk down any major city street and point out Americans without even talking to them.
    I've always heard that and in my american studies class the professor said the same thing. Not only from clothes but also in the way we carry ourselves.

Someone should get a general pic that compares US dress to "foreign" (english) dress for me
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. Lounge   -   #12
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Americans tend to walk down the street looking at everything. Allot of the Europeans walk in a focused manner with a point A to B mindset. American also tend to make allot of eye contact with people and sometimes other countries do not do that to the extent that Americans do.

In Germany I would go to the local market on a Saturday morning in a pair of jeans and a tshirt and I would be the only one in there that was not wearing nice clothes. I will look for an example to show you.

OK I looked and it is hard to give an example. Basically, what they wear everyday may be considered something that you would wear for a nite on the town or going out to a nice club. Americans would consider it dressing up or GQ.
    Last edited by SHUVT; 05-23-2007 at 07:48 PM.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

3. Lounge   -   #13
    preppy is how i would describe american fashion, that and fat.
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

4. Lounge   -   #14
    I've found Russians no1 in worst mannered with the Koreans a close second.

For the best mannered the Japanese, Canadians and Americans

5. Lounge   -   #15
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Russians got nothin' on Argentinians.

I actually had an Argentinian spit in my food before. Luckily, he was an idiot so I did not actually ingest any of the spit laced food, but it's the thought of it that was offensive to me.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    Russians got nothin' on Argentinians.

I actually had an Argentinian spit in my food before. Luckily, he was an idiot so I did not actually ingest any of the spit laced food, but it's the thought of it that was offensive to me.

so had it been a non-idiot who spat in your food, you would have eaten it?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

7. Lounge   -   #17
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    he ran his mouth about it, and it got back to me beforehand.

remind me to spit in yours if i come to your island.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagarga View Post
    i'm going to baltimore for my holidays, staying at my mate jimmy mcnultys hoose.
    Make sure you wear a wire.

I heard the crack there is quite noice.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    Americans tend to walk down the street looking at everything. Allot of the Europeans walk in a focused manner with a point A to B mindset. American also tend to make allot of eye contact with people and sometimes other countries do not do that to the extent that Americans do.

In Germany I would go to the local market on a Saturday morning in a pair of jeans and a tshirt and I would be the only one in there that was not wearing nice clothes. I will look for an example to show you.

OK I looked and it is hard to give an example. Basically, what they wear everyday may be considered something that you would wear for a nite on the town or going out to a nice club. Americans would consider it dressing up or GQ.
    Maybe that's where you live.

I dress quite nicely....even when I am working as an outside technician.

Also when you say American look at everything, well duh if they've never been there maybe so. I imagine my second time to the same city in Mehico, I might not be as observant to my surroundings since they are nothing new.

When I encounter European tourists in DC, they look around like fuck but not as much Japanese.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Tourists suck. Fact.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast