Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Complete Guide To A Professional DVD Backup

conket1
    Great guide, thank you.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #12
    s0nuvab|tch's Avatar Poster
    Thanks a lot WHiCKWiRE !

People volunteering their time and expertise like this really makes FST a great place to hang out.

I'm starting to get serious with my video skillz and this is the first guide that I've seen that consolidated the software and the methodology all in one post.
    I particularly liked the fact that your intention was on preserving the original quality and this is where I've gone wrong in my past attempts at doing this.

...as usual, I've got a couple questions.

1. I happened to grab your earlier attachments (BIG thanks )
    BUT you've got/had DVDRebuilder 'split' (?) into 2 parts e.g. xxx part1.rar and a xxx part2.rar.
    Not sure what to do because they both look identical !?!
    Was this a mistake? If not, what's the proper thing to do?

2. Out of all the VAST amount of software available, how in the f*ck did you ever decide on this 'package' ?
    Trying to figure out the 'best' software solution is where I always gave up, so helping me understand some of the reasons of why you chose x instead of y would be great.

3. Would you make any changes in the software if you were to do it all over again?

4. Is there any single application that will do this with the same quality results?

Thanks a bunch,
    s0nuvab|tch

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Thanks, but how can I turn off some buttons in menu? :-/

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #14
    Fantastic Guide... Really appreciate your patience and time for preparing it...

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #15
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    nice guide, always wondered why my dvdr made by clonedvd looked like shit!

thx!

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #16
    Nice guide. Thanks

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #17
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    Quote Originally Posted by s0nuvab|tch View Post
    Thanks a lot WHiCKWiRE !

People volunteering their time and expertise like this really makes FST a great place to hang out.

I'm starting to get serious with my video skillz and this is the first guide that I've seen that consolidated the software and the methodology all in one post.
    I particularly liked the fact that your intention was on preserving the original quality and this is where I've gone wrong in my past attempts at doing this.

...as usual, I've got a couple questions.

1. I happened to grab your earlier attachments (BIG thanks )
    BUT you've got/had DVDRebuilder 'split' (?) into 2 parts e.g. xxx part1.rar and a xxx part2.rar.
    Not sure what to do because they both look identical !?!
    Was this a mistake? If not, what's the proper thing to do?

2. Out of all the VAST amount of software available, how in the f*ck did you ever decide on this 'package' ?
    Trying to figure out the 'best' software solution is where I always gave up, so helping me understand some of the reasons of why you chose x instead of y would be great.

3. Would you make any changes in the software if you were to do it all over again?

4. Is there any single application that will do this with the same quality results?

Thanks a bunch,
    s0nuvab|tch
    1 - I'm pretty sure that the RARS for DVDRebuilder Pro were fine. Of course I can't check because I had to remove the files with cracks due to issues of legality. Though if there was a problem please PM me and I'll get the files to you somehow.

2 - Ripping the DVD is the easiest thing to do because there are a lot of programs out there for it. I personally use SlySoft AnyDVD because I like the interface and the speed. The choice is entirely up to you.

In regards to DVDRemake Pro the only other option I know of is VobBlanker. I personally do not like VobBlanker because it makes things complicated and it would require you to use even more programs.

There is no alternative to PGCEdit. Plain and simple.

At the moment there is only one alternative to DVDRebuilder Pro but is very complicated. I personally use and recommend others to use DVDRebuilder Pro because it's hard to screw up.

People tend to argue about which will output better quality, Cinema Craft Encoder or ProCoder. Both will output generally the same quality and speed so this is user preference. Though I personally use Cinema Craft Encoder.

There are tons of alternatives to IMGBurn. Hell you could use Nero. This once again is just a preference.

3 - I can honestly say I would not change any piece of software.

4 - Unfortunately at the moment there is no program that will do all of this and give the same output quality.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #18
    Nice guide, alot of great advice here!
    Kekekeke!!

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #19
    hey man, thanks a lot for your efforts !
    doom9 tutorial reading gives me headaches

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #20
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Exceptional work. I will be linking this tutorial hence forth for all the noobs I run into that wish to back up a DVD. Kudos!
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast