Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can BB guns be used as personal security / do they hurt?

slim150's Avatar Poster
    So basically I figure I would like some sort of protection when I move into my condo in a few months. Not that I'm moving into a bad neighborhood at all, but you know.. If a situation arises I would like to have some sort of means to scare off/ protect myself. Also some piece of mind.

I figure some typed of range attack would be nice.

So if someone was approaching you and you busted out your real looking C02 powered BB gun.. do you think it could repel them If you unloaded on em?

Just curious.. Maybe Ill get a beating stick... or a katana.
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Are you really 23
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #3
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    yaaaa

lol. but seriously. i know its a dumb question, but I'm not into firearms.

All I'm trying to say is I would sleep better at night knowing I had something to reach for in case of an emergency, you know? As of now I have like a letter opener, or my tennis racket.
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

4. Lounge   -   #4
    If you "defend" yourself with this then you will almost certainly get done for attempted murder.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Its better if you just carry a taser/stun gun although i think its still illegal to carry around in most areas.

Most of the time, just running away if you can is your safest bet. But if you're cornered, it wouldn't hurt if you knew some basic self defence moves.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    Its better if you just carry a taser/stun gun although i think its still illegal to carry around in most areas.

Most of the time, just running away if you can is your safest bet. But if you're cornered, it wouldn't hurt if you knew some basic self defence moves.
    I think he's talking about defending himself and his home (condo) so running away really isn't an option.

And also I never like this as advice "...it wouldn't hurt if you knew some basic self defence moves.". If you can't really fight don't fight at all. The chap breaking into your house probably can, or has some type of weapon, what's the chances he hasn't.

Seriously, if you want to learn self defence really learn it, don't get some basic moves. That's more likely to get the criminal to kick fuck out of you, or worse.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    So you guys think that a realistic BB gun pistol is not a good idea? For both scare purposes (ie looks genuine) and practical purposes would stun someone enough to take the upper hand?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    No, if you used it you would probably get done yourself. Chap in the UK recently got jailed for using that type of thing in a similar situation to what you are talking about.

Or worse, what if you point it, or fire it and he has a real gun. Then you get to be dead.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by slim150 View Post
    So you guys think that a realistic BB gun pistol is not a good idea? For both scare purposes (ie looks genuine) and practical purposes would stun someone enough to take the upper hand?
    If the intruder is armed with a gun, the sight of your realistic BB gun pistol will almost guarantee him taking a shot at you. If you were unarmed I'd just smack you in the face with it. I'd suggest some other means of home defence, trip wires, spikes coming out walls, large stone balls rolling down corridors or an alarm.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    I good security system involving quality locks and alarms, possibly cctv.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast