Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you install an app in Linux?

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    There are no malware threats that attack linux so no need for an online scanner, a good virus scanner like avast as mentioned and a gui frontend to the firewall, either firestarter or guarddog are good and for the 52 (wow count them 52 )rootkit vulnerabilities known to attack Linux download & run the Chkrootkit tool every couple of weeks or month, thats about it a firewall and a virus scan occasionally is all you need...........

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    Keep in mind this goes for all. Now there is few way of installing anything.

1. you can use the prebuild package for your distro.
    2. you can recompile the source yourself.
    3. if your distro support pkg manager use it better for kids who has no idea how to make install.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by HKM View Post
    Keep in mind this goes for all. Now there is few way of installing anything.

1. you can use the prebuild package for your distro.
    2. you can recompile the source yourself.
    3. if your distro support pkg manager use it better for kids who has no idea how to make install.
    Ooh look my OLD post.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Oh my this old post of mine.

I've learned so much about Linux in 7months.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Well hey, no harm in getting back to basics with it I gotta admit, I really love apt, there's nothing that compares to it in usability flexibility and reliability in the rest of the computer world. I mean, I love OS X too, but come on, having to go to different websites to download apps you already know you want is just making things harder than they have to be I might be spoiled by apt, but a super-repository for other OS's would really be a welcomed feature .. well, at least by me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12