Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why put a Leeware sticky here??

maxrebo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by DVito View Post
    US feds have no jurisdiction over PayPal so I've heard.. all they can take is Leeware's servers if for some reason they do raid FDC (which hosts many pirates )

Umm, no. All they need is a subpeona (or not even, if they can drum up some bull and use the Patriot Act).

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Hey!

Just read the sticky with the leeware offer and I'm wondering if leeware will actually report someone to the authorities if his/her box has been reported by some anti-p2p company? Are there any reports on somebody getting sued for this?

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    No, you don't get reported.. you don't even have to send contact info with PayPal. You just get your box shut down.

Oh, and maxrebo, I didn't know that subpoenas worked for everything. :/

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    That's why I'm afraid to buy it.
    US servers are pretty unsafe I would say. This whole piracy shit has become pain in officials ass. I'm really not sure about buying it cuz if it works 2-3mb/s most of the time, i can upload even up to 3TB a month.
    Have a nice day.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i admit that if the speed is good now (the time i used it, i was getting good speed sometimes, but 50kB/s at some moment too...), than it worths 20$

i pay 59 Euro for 2 tera bandwith on Leaseweb so for sure 3 terabytes for 20$ is great

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Can someone tell how how much data he sent over a month using leeware ?
    Have a nice day.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    No, you don't get reported.. you don't even have to send contact info with PayPal. You just get your box shut down.
    What does that mean exactly?

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenNet View Post
    what isn't clear in that statement??

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenNet View Post

what isn't clear in that statement??
    Doesn't Leeware want any contact information from you or does that just mean that you could enter false information in your Paypal account?

I really don't get it, sorry

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    You aren't required to send info along with your paypal payment. I think your name (unless you check the button that sends your address and phone numbers) is all that goes. When you have a business name on your account, all Lee knows is that, and your email address.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast