Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: No more nzb posts from me

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Good for you, Tb.

-bd

2. Newsgroups   -   #42
    to all moaners groaners and darn right cronies go else where only been a member a few weeks been a member on pay sites for a while and this is the best ive been on and its free if peaple like towerblocks didnt spend his time on this forum for free then you would be paying too keep that in mind folks cm d x360 posted by tb dayafter rel in uk u rock man come back with a fcuk too all moaners groners and damm rite cronies

manchesters punk spitting dummies they rock too

3. Newsgroups   -   #43
    Wtf...

-bd

4. Newsgroups   -   #44
    Please don't let a few bad apples spoil it for the rest of us who really appreciate the great job you do here posting nzb's for us.

5. Newsgroups   -   #45
    YOO u do amazing job....since u left..there hasnt been anyposts...hope u come back!

6. Newsgroups   -   #46
    movbuff
    Quote Originally Posted by visionaryone View Post
    Personally and this isn't me bitching at anyone, i find the board is flooded very often with uneeded appz posts...posting 40 x 1mb apps that are rarely downloaded just to increase your post counts is lame. I've seen this from a fair few people and it's the main reason I gave up posting ages ago.

It became an ego trip everyone keeping up with each other on the leader board and just blatantly posting everything you can.

Someone posting 100 decent posts a month of quality appz/films/tv is much better for the board than someone trying to post 1400+ of rubbish for everyone else to trawl through.

my 2c's
    Those posting don't have to sort just what you find interesting. There are seperate sections so clutter isn't a big deal. Nice to have volume so a search might find it. Don't get why less would be better.
    Last edited by movbuff; 06-19-2007 at 06:06 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by ticklemahelmo View Post
    YOO u do amazing job....since u left..there hasnt been anyposts...hope u come back!

He didn't leave. The nzb posting section is down, atm.

Peace, bd

8. Newsgroups   -   #48
    visionaryone
    Quote Originally Posted by movbuff View Post
    Those posting don't have to sort just what you find interesting. There are seperate sections so clutter isn't a big deal. Nice to have volume so a search might find it. Don't get why less would be better.
    Look at it at the moment the DataBase is full? So surely there should be a limit on what is posted, So this doesn't happen again. Silly little progs that clog up the search and DB take bandwidth and are downloaded once can easily be found via binsearch or newzleech. Good solid releases like games, windows versions, Adobe soft etc would be a great resource to search... All that is being achieved here is a mirror of newleech/posts
    Last edited by visionaryone; 06-19-2007 at 08:51 AM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #49
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    dont you think the db is full because of the number of rather large nzb's (think hd movies and xbox 360 games) that get posted.

might be about time to buy a larger hdd for the board and start to zip up the nzbs. considering they are text they compress very well.

10. Newsgroups   -   #50
    visionaryone
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    dont you think the db is full because of the number of rather large nzb's (think hd movies and xbox 360 games) that get posted.

might be about time to buy a larger hdd for the board and start to zip up the nzbs. considering they are text they compress very well.
    HD posts have increased the strain no doubt but as things get larger surely we will have to draw a line under things that shouldn't be posted. Things aren't gonna get smaller only larger. And although little apps and such arent such a strain on HD space they do cause a strain on search functions. Many boards i belong too have had to restrict search to paid members after a while to help with costs, and although this hasn't happened at FST, I for one would be willing to pay to help out. Surely a bandwidth search for one NZB uses the same as for another larger NZB. Even zipping (which is a good idea) will only stem the tide for a while.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast