Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lame

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    It's nice that posters take the trouble to upload content to Usenet
    Is that what they're doing? I just assumed they stole the nzb files from somewhere like Newzbin and posted them here. I don't use the nzb files here so what do I know, if they are uploading the content themselves then well done.

Otherwise, meh they are lame.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Is that what they're doing? I just assumed they stole the nzb files from somewhere like Newzbin and posted them here. I don't use the nzb files here so what do I know, if they are uploading the content themselves then well done.

Thanks

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by whickwire View Post

Thanks

Which are you btw? An uploader of content or someone who rips off nzb files from other websites and pastes them here? Or is it something else? I'm genuinely interested as to where/how you get all these nzb files.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    It's nice that posters take the trouble to upload content to Usenet

So it's "lame" to search for releases, browse newsbin/binage or whatever, generate a NZB file, find info/pictures etc. for a release and post it here?

I uploaded/re-uploaded some content too but not much.

What is the difference between doing this and download a release from FTP/torrent sites and "release" it on other ftp/torrent sites?

If the warez groups uploaded all the content themselves to the public, then I would have called it "lame" to use these methods.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post

So it's "lame" to search for releases, browse newsbin/binage or whatever, generate a NZB file, find info/pictures etc. for a release and post it here?
    It's just a glorified cut and paste job then.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS

Icon3

Which are you btw? An uploader of content or someone who rips off nzb files from other websites and pastes them here? Or is it something else? I'm genuinely interested as to where/how you get all these nzb files.
    I get my NZB's from headers not from other websites. I have great respect for people that upload. It's not that I don't want to upload it's just that my connection isn't the greatest. That's not to say I don't upload anything, I've uploaded iXtreme Firmware 1.0, 360 Stealth Patches and a bunch of GameSpot guides. I always say if someone took the time to upload the files whats 2 or 3 minutes make them available for everyone.

When I post I don't just see how many NZB's I've posted but how many people got use out of the NZB uploaded.

And to follow up on the previous posts in this thread ever since me and Towerblocks had an argument which I take full responsibility for members haven't been a big fans of NZB Posters. I'm not sure how they felt before this but a thread wasn't made like this one.

Oh and just so everyone knows feel free to label me as lame. But if you do ask yourself what you do for FileSharing Talk?

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by whickwire View Post
    I get my NZB's from headers not from other websites. I have great respect for people that upload. It's not that I don't want to upload it's just that my connection isn't the greatest. That's not to say I don't upload anything, I've uploaded iXtreme Firmware 1.0, 360 Stealth Patches and a bunch of GameSpot guides. I always say if someone took the time to upload the files whats 2 or 3 minutes make them available for everyone.

When I post I don't just see how many NZB's I've posted but how many people got use out of the NZB uploaded.

And to follow up on the previous posts in this thread ever since me and Towerblocks had an argument which I take full responsibility for members haven't been a big fans of NZB Posters. I'm not sure how they felt before this but a thread wasn't made like this one.

Oh and just so everyone knows feel free to label me as lame. But if you do ask yourself what you do for FileSharing Talk?
    Interesting. For a moment there I thought you guys just ripped off sites like Newzbin for your NZB files. Keep up the good work, I'm sure everyone appreciates saving the 25p a week it costs to use a site like Newzbin.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post

It's just a glorified cut and paste job then.
    There's nothing more to downloading/uploading either. Different commands, same shit.

You should try it out if you think there is any glory to it.
    Last edited by MultiForce; 06-20-2007 at 06:24 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    It takes a bit more time to upload, lad. Have you ever tried it? I only have
    55 or so nbz's posted. However, I uploaded all of the content to Usenet
    and generated nbz's myself, you're welcome to check.

I only post nbz's so often, because of the amount of time it takes to upload
    content to Usenet.

-bd

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    It takes a bit more time to upload, lad. Have you ever tried it? I only have
    55 or so nbz's posted. However, I uploaded all of the content to Usenet
    and generated nbz's myself, you're welcome to check.

I only post nbz's so often, because of the amount of time it takes to upload
    content to Usenet.

-bd
    You didn't get my point, so forget it

Let's just download and be happy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast