Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoi, jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Pished now, didn't help.
    Just read it sober....it makes no sense to me. Beer and business chat never works.

I'm guessing that Celtic have a very good "player rating model", differing for playres in different stages of their career. They expect to gain so much from each player during the period of the players employment. They spend 10 million, they calculate how much that player will bring in. Maybe they break-even, or they gain more, which is a bonus.

Then, the player is sold or offered a new contract depending on how well they perform. If they keep a player for 10 years, the likelyhood of him being of great value after 10 years is low, though there are some exceptions. But, over that period the player has "paid" back the value the club paid for him.

That seems to make more sense. I think. But i'm not sure i fthe above is true, just my taking on it.

Celtic always get quality managers with good player judgement. The board needs a good manager who will spend the budget in a way that fits their model. O'Neill, fabulous. I dont know the guy you mentioned, i cant get much Scottish footie here.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Much as I'd like to agree we always get good managers it's really not true. In recent years we have, yup, but not that long ago:

I think what we have done now is brought in businessmen to run the club and football men to run the team. That seems to have paid off (pun intended) both financially and on the park. I know the one follows the other btw.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Much as I'd like to agree we always get good managers it's really not true. In recent years we have, yup, but not that long ago:

I think what we have done now is brought in businessmen to run the club and football men to run the team. That seems to have paid off (pun intended) both financially and on the park. I know the one follows the other btw.
    I don't even know who won the league this season or last.

Yeah, the point is having good business men, who hire a quality managr who will spend wisely.

BTW....the last pic. I never would have thought Alan Titmarsh would be into football.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    That's not Alan Titchmarsh it's mbacuri. He was once a leading light in Scottish football. Before the unfortunate incident with the ball, boy.

Oh and Liverpool won the EPL this season and last. That's them 5 in a row now. Or were you referring to the J League.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Liverpool/Scots. All speak things i cant comprehend.

See you Jimmy, loike, ya fighting?

As Scotland is going to be an independent coutry, soon, i'm hoping Wales will go that way soon. And take Liverpool with it.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    j league?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    See you Jimmy, loike, ya fighting?
    Top Liverpool accent, I've never seen it written so accurately.

Oh and Wales will never go for independence. Too many Wenglish living there.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    thanks. Thats cos i went to public boarding school.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Which one.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Clevedon House Independent, Ilkley.

Went bankrupt the year after i left. Seriously.

Some fucking educators they are!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast