Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ftn

SKGunners's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Seeding 72 hours shouldn't be any problem. You can just seed one hour then turn off your PC and continue seeding the next day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    BamZow's Avatar Pure Swedish power BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    In the last 42 weeks, my computer has been turned off for like 4-5 hrs at max for maintenance, and 2 reboots due to software crash.

And before that I had my old computer running 24/7 more than a year, with only 3 reboots.

I donīt see the point in turning your computer off if you are in the filesharing communities.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by BamZow View Post
    In the last 42 weeks, my computer has been turned off for like 4-5 hrs at max for maintenance, and 2 reboots due to software crash.

And before that I had my old computer running 24/7 more than a year, with only 3 reboots.

I donīt see the point in turning your computer off if you are in the filesharing communities.
    true, my PC is hardly ever off I do reboot every now and then though

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

U must been having a real peace of machine, mate. I'm trying to restart system every 4-5 hours, 'cause it's getting slow

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    BamZow's Avatar Pure Swedish power BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    U must been having a real peace of machine, mate. I'm trying to restart system every 4-5 hours, 'cause it's getting slow
    Then you have some serious problem with spyware or something else trashing your computer.

My computer running as a file server is stripped to the max and only running the applications needed for file sharing, and IRC. But for a normal user, playing games, surfing, photo editing and so on you should at least be able to run your computer a couple of weeks without noticing any loss in performance.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    Then you have some serious problem with spyware or something else trashing your computer.
    Nah, none of that shi* is trashing my PC, it's just not that new - one of the first P4's and kinda low on RAM, but it's not problem for me to reload every morning and one-two times at pm.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    Normal user imo switch their computer when they don't use it, at least while they sleep, afaik none of my friend is 24/7 even if they use private tracker
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    nahh if u have quiet fans just leave your pc on all the time

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Well downstairs my computer is in another room so it's not like i hear it anyway not that it is that loud compared to my old one.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Gosht's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    I keep my PC on 24/7 but somedays it start to stay very slow, so I have to reboot it, if it doesnīt have those problems I would keep it ON the whole year.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast