Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RTS hacked

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    We were not hacked, read the latest news for information on what caused this.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    Do you really store passwords in plain text?! I'm not on RTS. But it would really interest me, as I would NEVER EVER register with a site where I know the passwords will be saved as plain text in the database isntead of using a hash.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by bled View Post
    Do you really store passwords in plain text?! I'm not on RTS. But it would really interest me, as I would NEVER EVER register with a site where I know the passwords will be saved as plain text in the database isntead of using a hash.
    We may of had some ddos attacks, but this does not mean our servers security isnt very very secure. And no, of course we do not keep it in plain text, it is encrypted, just to satisfy your interest.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Pluto's Avatar Enforcer BT Rep: +4
    ahwell its happened to other sites before, and it will happen again.
    Cough * SCT *
    Looking for scene axxs pm me for details.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    god damn mother fucking script kities

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by bled View Post
    I think IRC passwords (for torrent sites) are stored in plain-text, that's why they ask you to use a different password for your account. I think account passwords are encrypted with MD5 or SHA1.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I am still wondering why there were 2 notifications sent out. The first one was the one in this thread and there was another one that referenced the possibility of passwords and being accessed? hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    I am still wondering why there were 2 notifications sent out. The first one was the one in this thread and there was another one that referenced the possibility of passwords and being accessed? hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Even on their own site there was 2 differant posts..
    The news early yesterday afternoon said the site was hacked. Then a few hrs later they changed it to say it was a "script" error.

Which one was it or was it a combination of both?

Also I know before when I tested your site when it was originally first opened your passwords were in plain text form. (Noticed when one of your staff asked me to test a few pages for injections. Reason I acctually deleted my own account when I saw that.) Perhaps you changed them to be encrypted since then who knows.
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 06-22-2007 at 09:43 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    Even on their own site there was 2 differant posts..
    The news early yesterday afternoon said the site was hacked. Then a few hrs later they changed it to say it was a "script" error.

Which one was it or was it a combination of both?

Also I know before when I tested your site when it was originally first opened your passwords were in plain text form. (Noticed when one of your staff asked me to test a few pages for injections. Reason I acctually deleted my own account when I saw that.) Perhaps you changed them to be encrypted since then who knows.
    Yes, the first notification by PM that our site was hacked, is false - this was not what caused the problem. Also users passwords were never in plain text form, they have always been encrypted.
    Last edited by RTS; 06-23-2007 at 05:20 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BANNED BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    yea...its the script that caused the damage....not hackers or shit....

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast