Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: RTS hacked

Sick

rts was never that good to begin with...
    Last edited by fridash; 06-25-2007 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i NEVER thought that RTS can do a fucking thing like this - store our passwords on a non-encrypted form ,
    cuz it was so famous, PATRIOT FOREVE did a HUGE review, he always said it's one of the best, then we discover that it's not secure.
    pfff what a shame RTS

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    i would really like if an RTS admin would stand up and answer everything thats being said..

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Omarino...how could u say such mean things about patriot forever can't u see he is the defender of all who promotes him to vip

open your eyes, not everything shiny worths the effort

all these staffers with trackers several years old and with thousands or tenths of thousands users torrents peers are jealous on a 2 months old tracker with 200 torrents...yeah right...
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by pECi View Post

all these staffers with trackers several years old and with thousands or tenths of thousands users torrents peers are jealous on a 2 months old tracker with 200 torrents...yeah right...

Don't Hate just because they are "Running The Scene"! ROFL
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Me points the gun towards Mr.Foreve and Ms.Alba rofl
    Now go away.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Me points the gun towards Mr.Foreve and Ms.Alba rofl
    I didn't want to be involved in this since i find it pointless, yet your shooting me for what purpose?
    eee

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    For sport, darling
    And it's the community holding the gun not me
    Now go away.

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    As the server administrator of Running The Scene im going to sort this out.

* The server was not hacked.
    * A cleanup script " cleaned " the wrong torrents. ( badly configured script within tbdev )
    * The DB is not comprimised.
    * The DB table - passwd's is encrypted via hash.
    * The server is secure - However, we are taking on " intermittent " dDOS attacks.

If you have ANY questions regarding the RTS server/systems/networking/security/DB security - Feel free to email me - sysadmin@r**************.org

" KNOW your FACTS before you post rubbish about another torrent site that you don't even have backend axx to. "

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    Greetings,

Rugmuncher - Server Administrator - R**************.ORG

Just to outline a few points;

* The server was not " hacked ". The server is secure.
    * Badly configured cleanup script wiped the torrents.
    * The DB table for passwd's is encrypted via hash.
    * The DB is SECURE.
    * RTS is being attacked via dDOS syn wait flood.

Make sure you have FACT(s) before you shout off what happened to a torrent site that you don't even have backend axx too.

If you have any questions regarding RTS server systems - sysadmin@r**************.org

Best Regards,
    Rugmuncher
    Server Systems Administration NZ

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast