Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: RTS hacked

lovewalrus's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaAlba View Post
    I didn't want to be involved in this since i find it pointless, yet your shooting me for what purpose?
    jesica alba is number 1 prostitute in whole of bit torrent invite section

congratulation

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    My second post;

If indeed the passwords were kept in plainform text for the first 2 days that the site was created, whats the problem? It was only two days that it was not encrypted. As far as i can see the DB table is now encrypted, and is working fine... Really i don't see any security risks at all, and even if the passwords were in plaintext you wouldn't be able to access them directly without root axx because of the permissions on the log.php of the time.

LOGS OWN THE INEXPERIENCED.

edit;

As far as I can see ( along with my two techs investigating also ) we haven't found a peice of source on the RTS box which would allow a data breach/leak. We have been through most of the essential tbdev source and i can't find any holes ( except a few that is totally unrelated ). I cannot see logically HOW the passwords would have been non-encrypted ( plaintext form ) ? Because whoever " tuned off password encryption " would have to remove a few pages of code? There is no logical or technical explanation for the passwords to be stored in plaintext... Now, i did cover the possibility of the passwords being stored in plaintext form, however you would need root axx to access the log ( that displays the passwd changes / site log )..

The issue;

Too many know it all kids with nothing else better to do.
    Kids who see something better out there so they put the little ones down.
    When the unsure gets kicked down, the scavengers go in for a feed.
    Social RUBBISH is being created to put RTS down due to the members of RTS history.
    Recent downtime due to dDOS attack(s) - More put downs by kids.
    Competition - Other torrent sites organising social rubbish against RTS, launching attacks on RTS via dDOS.
    Torrents wiped via cleanup script - goodbye majority of torrents.
    We are UNIQUE, unlike many torrent sites out there.

Come on people, You all seem very nice but you all have different perspectives on RTS. I don't know why you hate or love rts. However I can tell you that the community of RTS is welcoming to new and current members, we don't hold GRUDGES. . Our server systems are secure and private.

Im trying to say;

If you have a problem with RTS or its systems email ME! If you question RTS's server systems, question me... I work on the server most the time so i know it better than any other member on this forum. If you want to express your own opinion on RTS do so! but provide accurate facts that everyone can read and decide what they want to think about rts....

I couldn't care less if your not interested in RTS, I don't care. Im just getting the message out to everyone; We are having a hard time but we still appreciate you using our site, we appreciate the GREATFULL members who come back to our torrent site and include themselves positively in the community.

To the people out there who are against RTS;

Calm down, we are just another torrent site on that huge thing called the inter-webs. Instead of creating a playground, create a lounge of mature users. not kids.

IMHO

Best Regards,
    Rugmuncher
    Last edited by Rugmuncher; 06-26-2007 at 12:17 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPistola View Post
    Earlier today it seems that a hacker broke in and deletes some system files and basically all the torrents on the site - and backups have disappeared.

We ask you to please continue seeding the torrents that were here before the incident, as we are going to try and restore them asap.

//RTS Staff
    doesn't the first post count anymore then?

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    There is way too much contradiction from the staff there, it appears they don't know their proverbial ass from their elbow.
    Now go away.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    RTS will thrive with great followers so this is a little small incident that Rug and others will get straight. People need to remove the stick in their bum bum and enjoy life a little.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    doesn't the first post count anymore then?
    All i can honestly say is; mis-informed staff member who made the mass PM.

As the staff member didn't have access to logs to see that the cleanup script had run with the wrong config/crontab time.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    nadeem111as's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    every body do mistakes
    it is normal hope they fix all bugs and to be sharp
    in the future
    can you support me and visit my blog at:
    waytoubuntu.blogspot.com

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    Xtremist's Avatar Veteran Trader BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    Once again we are being dDOS'd.

If the kid who is responsible for this, wants to front up with his nickname/alias or what he WANTS. Then I won't take flooding action against his tiny botnet?

Seriously, don't these kids learn. Don't f*ck with the experienced.

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugmuncher View Post
    Once again we are being dDOS'd.

If the kid who is responsible for this, wants to front up with his nickname/alias or what he WANTS. Then I won't take flooding action against his tiny botnet?

Seriously, don't these kids learn. Don't f*ck with the experienced.

Good luck on that.

We get hit everyday with a ddos. some days worse then others. Many many other sites get also so you are not the only ones. Most of use are sure its from the anti p2p group. All i can say is log all ips that are ddosing and then ban the hole range or proxy host.

Wild

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast