Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Alternative rating method?

SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    There is no reason why they can't run together, we have the "official" ranking system, the one currently in use and used by everyone and understood by everyone, and things go on as normal.

Then there is the "user" rating system, where the thing that matters is the ability to get stuff to your PC as quickly as possible both by pre time & ability to leech & seed trackers.

This would allow the seasoned veteran (poster) the ability to differentiate to other users that what matters is old school rarity of tracker, and also point out to newer members that content and speed is what matters first & foremost to those just starting out.

Then, when X suggests he is offering TL for ScT etc, he can be gently pointed towards the old school system of the rarity & elite system of acquiring trackers, but that what he has should not be dismissed with disdain due to TL rating highly on the "user" rating system.

It would also allow those who only want content & speed to ignore the rarity factor, and concentrate on the more accessible trackers within the user system.

Thoughts?

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    who cares about content or pretimes or speed?

all we are here for rarity.
    No man. A lot of people actually use the trackers to download stuff not just for trading and the whole rating system makes it so that rarity is the main rating and well all new people start aiming for higher level trackers and they start getting screwed by really stupid trades because they really don't know any better.

I personally think that people that offer 200-300 gig buffered accounst for an invite to any tracker are retarted or really don't know any better. They see FTN or Uk-T as very high level trackers and think that an invite to those tarckers will actually be worth everything they got.

Overrated trackers really need to be properly reviewed and rated accordingly.

I say fuck rarity. Quality is what matters. If FTN deserves to be level 10 because it really is a kick ass tracker so be it. But not simply because it's hard to get invites there. Now people asking for FTN invites for TL invites? Sure it will happen but at least people will know that FTN is not that much better than TL. In fact I can't see it being better with only 5000 users.

I believe that trading is retarted and with a better rating system more people would be willing to share rather than to just trade to get very rare trackers.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    ps2king's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    yeah its a good idea, but the problem is that say TL and and another site were level 7 and they are easy to get invites cos you get 4 per week in TL, then you would have people trying to trade them for ftn which is much harder to get an invite. cos ftn is only 1 invite request per week for ftn power and above..

but i do like the new system, it will need a lot of work but maybe its time for the change

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    great idea for tl u 'll get almost everything

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I agree to ALL of you, making me to go for my own punto-de-vista (point-of-view), Why just we keep the old rating system (based on rarity) and then make a new one (based on contents, speeds, etc.) so that we have two RATING SYSTEMS, one based on rarity, (used by traders) and one based on content (used by those who needs contents more than rarity)

thoughts??

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Those who want high lvl trackers will say "yeah m8 gr8 1d3a"
    Those who have high lvl trackers will tend to say "we only trade for rarity"

It's a good idea to know how good a tracker might be, but not how difficult will be to get it, of course... So, this system has not what it takes to replace the one we have. No one will give FTN for TL+some crap, whether it's written in a list or not.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    ps2king's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    yeah i say make a poll an see how many vote for it. also it would be good to hear what more of the staff think of the idea

SHALL I MAKE A POLL

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2king View Post
    yeah i say make a poll an see how many vote for it. also it would be good to hear what more of the staff think of the idea

SHALL I MAKE A POLL
    i think it isnt good idea becouse there is a lot of people with tl invites

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    i know i said this earlier, but tl doesnt have to be level 7. it could be 6. but i do think its time for the system to be revamped

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    With this system, SCC will be level 10

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast