Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Cd-rw Drive

Originally posted by Lamsey+17 June 2003 - 12:42--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 17 June 2003 - 12:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@17 June 2003 - 12:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey
    @17 June 2003 - 12:13
    The 4-pin audio cable is no longer required really. It&#39;s for analogue CD audio but almost all PCs nowadays deal with digital CD audio.

i only really connected it to be safe

no point risking it not being there, if it&#39;s not doing any harm be actually being there.

anyway, this new cdrw is great, it&#39;s rated at 52x, the highest i&#39;ve done is 48x, but that&#39;s cos of the discs i have

it was quite a good deal too, from ebuyer.
    anyone who wants a new cdrw drive in the uk can get a 52x burner for about 40 quid or so
    What&#39;s the brand? I&#39;m guessing Liteon. [/b][/quote]
    yah, liteon indeed
    have you heard of any probs with them?
    i know a few people who have them and say they&#39;re really good.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=42134

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Ex-member
    LiteOn are deservedly one of the leading brands for CD writers. Good choice.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    as far as i know, the audio cable on a cd-rom drive is only used when listening to an audio cd. but using CPU-powered software decoding should produce better sound quality than letting the cd-rom&#39;s hardware decoder do it. but if you don&#39;t listen to audio cds on your pc, then there&#39;s no need to have that cable attached at all... and in any case, you can get along just fine without it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12