Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Justify Stealing Copy Righted Property?

OK here goes...

<<insert diatribe about the capitalist system and the working classes having nothing to sell but their labour, fed the crumbs from the rich man&#39;s table and all that>>

there...justified

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Legality and Morality are entirely seperate issues.

The former is an agreed set of rules, as such is entirely objective. The latter is a matter of individual conscience and is entirely subjective.

One can quite easily break a law without having any particular moral issue. Basically as Lamsey outlined. He takes a moral stance, while being willing to break the particular law.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Tyke@16 June 2003 - 18:49
    OK here goes...

<<insert diatribe about the capitalist system and the working classes having nothing to sell but their labour, fed the crumbs from the rich man&#39;s table and all that>>

there...justified
    is it orthodox for the working classes to have broadband internet access in their homes on a home PC, downloading movies and music?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    I used to know the answer to this one.

If the "search" function were returned, I could find my original post and understand again why I do these heinous acts.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    is it orthodox for the working classes to have broadband internet access in their homes on a home PC, downloading movies and music?

we shouldn&#39;t have broadband and computers&#33; we should be down t&#39;pit&#33;

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@16 June 2003 - 19:51
    I used to know the answer to this one.

If the "search" function were returned, I could find my original post and understand again why I do these heinous acts.
    See my last. It&#39;s more succinct than you.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee@16 June 2003 - 18:52

we shouldn&#39;t have broadband and computer&#39;s&#33; we should be down t&#39;pit&#33;

lmao &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee@16 June 2003 - 18:47
    I justify it because I can&#39;t be afford to buy all the albums I want or afford to go see the latest films at the cinema or buy DVDs. I&#39;m not saying it&#39;s right, it&#39;s just why I do it. I do in a way pay though, it&#39;s the only thing I use my broadband internet for so I&#39;m not getting the stuff absolutely free.

Also, who wants to pay for stuff when they know other&#39;s are getting it for free? I could get on my moral high horse and ignore this and pay for the stuff but I couldn&#39;t afford to even if I wanted to.
    Have to agree bout the broad band bit - I would not pay the 50£ I pay if it weren&#39;t for this.(file sharing)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

9. Lounge   -   #19
    i admit to not stealing a thing. stealing would be to actualy take it from the source which somebody already has and made it available and legal for the people. if you downloaded a movie thats still in theatres thats not stealing. stealing is going in there with a camera and tapeing it. your just taking it from a willing criminal. Its like seeing somebody get mugged you had no part in the act but you seen it and you didnt say anything unless you do then you would just be a pussy. so ya

10. Lounge   -   #20
    It&#39;s cheaper than the traditional 7-nights-a-week down the bookies and the working man&#39;s club&#33;

I knew I shouldn&#39;t have used the "class" phrase, that&#39;s a diff. debate altogether and it was meant as a joke, but yeah, more people have B/B now, even me on pennies over the minimum wage.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast