Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find a map of India, Oz and Japan..

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    it's all done now Chip, i'm using powerpoint and they resize without any probs. TBH, i could do with a one color map of Japan, as it looks a bit odd in my proposal.

You are allowed to edit images you know. You could do that in Paint

Took less than a minute.

But how do you do it without going over the border lines? Zooming in would take hours!

As for the whooshing, flashing words and mental text appearance things, my 1st time i was "released" onto a PowerPoint presentation in my 1st job, my boss said at the time that it could well trigger an epileptic fit.

I thought it looked great. But random car-horns, boomerang text and flashing mentalness wasn't really infitting with a mortgage advisors. I thought it was the mutts nuts personally.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    would you like me to mark the spot in Aust where I live

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    Do you really need that many slides. Death by powerpoint can be a huge turn-off.
    Unless it has a slide where it says "make management corporacy equal operational jointery"

then it doesn't matter what you do because every one will be like WTF

still haven't found anybody that knows what that means - although Mulder's map could have been a visual representation.

I was rather impressed with Allen's pron though - sweet booty I think is the correct terminology.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Do you really need that many slides. Death by powerpoint can be a huge turn-off.
    Yeah, sadly, the project, although coming under a similar topic, are very different per country. For each country, you explain the problem, the proposed approach, the methodology, project scope, the sample deliverables, team bios, previous case studies, client recommendations, fees for each etc etc.

I dont present the proposal, just send it to them They asked for it in PowerPoint, but we usually do PDF. But, as an example, in 10 days i am having to do a 2 day presentation, about 220 slides, and that's pretty small. The hard-copy is 800 plus pages. But, the project outcome would mean the client spending over a billion US$, so i guess they'd prefer it! If i had any idea of stocks/shares, and i had no morals, i'd be buying some in their company.

It looks good though, thanks to the great maps and good terminology supplied by Biggles. Thanks again guys!
    Last edited by jimbo12345; 07-06-2007 at 01:34 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    JordoR's Avatar Madden Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    lol i dont think he asked for a map of dust2. where did you find this though?
    Peter: Excuse me, is your refrigerator running?
    Because if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Couldn't find any without writing,saw no-one was helping with the Oz one.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    hehe, thanks Grippper! The wonderful Gripper of Oz!

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Yeah, sadly, the project, although coming under a similar topic, are very different per country. For each country, you explain the problem, the proposed approach, the methodology, project scope, the sample deliverables, team bios, previous case studies, client recommendations, fees for each etc etc.

I dont present the proposal, just send it to them They asked for it in PowerPoint, but we usually do PDF. But, as an example, in 10 days i am having to do a 2 day presentation, about 220 slides, and that's pretty small. The hard-copy is 800 plus pages. But, the project outcome would mean the client spending over a billion US$, so i guess they'd prefer it! If i had any idea of stocks/shares, and i had no morals, i'd be buying some in their company.

It looks good though, thanks to the great maps and good terminology supplied by Biggles. Thanks again guys!
    More of a proposal than a presentation then.

My bad, I think of a presentation as being more of an overview of the project, rather than the full details, as would be contained in a detailed proposal.

Please try to be clearer when you are discussing these things. You'll find it helps both you and your listeners.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

9. Lounge   -   #39

More of a proposal than a presentation then.

My bad, I think of a presentation as being more of an overview of the project, rather than the full details, as would be contained in a detailed proposal.

Please try to be clearer when you are discussing these things. You'll find it helps both you and your listeners.
    Dear Mr Monk, i trust that if you read back in this thread, on 2 seperate occassions, i called it a proposal.

Please try to be clearer in your reading when you are discussing things. YouŽll find it helps both you,and you readers.

Hehe, yep, your bad!

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Oh, misunderstanding there. I don't actually read your posts, you're much too long winded and tedious for that. I thought you knew that.

I just sort of scan them and pick up the gist. If you could be a bit more succinct I'm sure that would help. I've asked other people by PM (only the right sort obviously) and that's pretty much the consensus.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast