Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North Korean War

echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by clocker+18 June 2003 - 14:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 18 June 2003 - 14:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-echidna@17 June 2003 - 22:25

your ignorance demonstrates effectively why so much of the world has problems with the USAs attitude
    No it doesn&#39;t.

His statements may effectively demonstrate his own ignorance, but to generalize about an entire nation based on the statements of one person merely demonstrates your own. [/b][/quote]
    sorry clock&#39; i probably should have said that DB&#39;s demonstration of ignorance effectively characterises the type of US arrogance which upsets much of the world.

i was getting a bit irate

BTW :: have you ever looked at the encarta encyclopędia? [it is a M&#036; publication which make this no surprise] it states that the USA was victorious over the vietcong in the vietnam conflict?&#33;? do people in the states actually believe that? do they think the ops in somalia were a success as well?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    If america loses a war then that mean the army is gone
    Don&#39;t be silly. Do you really think the US Gvt would send every last American into a war till there was no one left?

Army has never lost a war that was for OUR country. Vietnam wasnt over OUR country. The Cold War and other wars WERE over OUR country. Vietnam was over Vietnam NOT OUR country.
    So by the same logic then you guys didnt win the European part of WW2? Hitler was no threat to the USA was he? I think the families of the US serviceman who bravely gave up their lives on D-Day and the liberation of Europe may be slightly angry to hear you say they didnt win.

Or perhaps your saying that you can win these wars which arent for your country, Korea for example, but you can&#39;t lose them&#33;&#33;

Please. Think your views through to their logical conclusions before making ridiculous statements. If (and thats a big if) your attitudes are representative of the US population as a whole, I now understand how such an obvious buffoon as G Dublya was elected.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@18 June 2003 - 05:43

Please. Think your views through to their logical conclusions before making ridiculous statements. If (and thats a big if) your attitudes are representative of the US population as a whole, I now understand how such an obvious buffoon as G Dublya was elected.
    You are obviously already aware the DB&#39;s opinions are not representative of any nation as a whole.
    Enjoy batting Dark Blizzard around as long as you wish, but remember that the quality of your victory is measured by the quality of your opponent.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    @clocker I am merely trying to educate the guy. He will be voting in 10 years time so I think it&#39;s important that someone should. Besides, this is the 2nd inane thread he&#39;s started and abandoned due to his complete ignorance and it is starting to get a little tedious.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@18 June 2003 - 07:29
    @clocker I am merely trying to educate the guy.
    I admire your selfless altruism.

In moments of retrospection you must feel a special kinship with Anne Sullivan.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    I admire your selfless altruism
    Just as much as I admire your non-personal and objective attitude

btw it wasnt altruism, I get something out of it by hopefully not seeing a 3rd thread based on inane babble and a serious misunderstanding of whats going on in the world today.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@18 June 2003 - 08:33

btw it wasnt altruism, I get something out of it by hopefully not seeing a 3rd thread based on inane babble and a serious misunderstanding of whats going on in the world today.
    That will never happen.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@18 June 2003 - 01:52
    Even after the last war North Korea has had with the US and its allies they still just cant stop making there nukes to harm there neigbors.

I have heard from the News,People, Internet Sites, Radio, etc... That there is soon going to be a war againist North Korea. The main countrys againist North Korea will be.. Japan, The United States of America, Austrialia, and South Korea. Japan and the United States have the best army&#39;s on the planet so this shouldnt be to hard but im expecting lots of deaths on both sides. As soon as Iraq is fixed up or nearly fixed up the War againist North Korea is expected to start. It will have much much more support than the war in Iraq. Many countrys hate North Korea far more than they hate Iraq which is the reason there will be more Support.
    Article 9:

Aspiring sincerely to an international peace based on justice and
    order, the Japanese people forever renounce war as a sovereign right
    of the nation and the threat or use of force as means of settling
    international disputes. 2) In order to accomplish the aim of the
    preceding paragraph, land, sea, and air forces, as well as other war
    potential, will never be maintained. The right of belligerency of the
    state will not be recognized.

Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution (written at the insistance of the USA in 1946), for the perusal (that means READ Darkblizzard), of those that feel Japan will get involved in anything other than wordplay....

notice point 2?

The full Japanese Constitution (for those without a life, like me) is here.

Japan and the United States have the best army&#39;s on the planet
    I would disagree on both counts to this anyway...even if Japan could "legally" have an "Army" as Darkblizzard contends.

Individually the Japanese are awesome fighters...I wouldnt like to meet one in a pissed off mood. However it takes more than being Brave and Tough, which they are, to make a Great Army.

The reason I quoted "legally" of course, is that they do of course have all these things they arent allowed to have.

Indeed, in the year 2000, they held the worlds 2nd largest Defence Budget.

http://www.armedforces.co.uk/mod/listings/l0012.html

However, if they went to war, I think that there would be questions asked like "Where did that army (that we&#39;ve known about and havent said anything for the last 60 years) come from?"

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    What&#39;s all this nonsense about the US having to pull out of Korea because we couldn&#39;t win the war?
    In Short
    We waxed some serious ass in Korea and it only stalemated because China got involved and President Truman was scared we were going to start WWIII.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@18 June 2003 - 15:45
    Article 9:

Aspiring sincerely to an international peace based on justice and
    order, the Japanese people forever renounce war as a sovereign right
    of the nation and the threat or use of force as means of settling
    international disputes. 2) In order to accomplish the aim of the
    preceding paragraph, land, sea, and air forces, as well as other war
    potential, will never be maintained. The right of belligerency of the
    state will not be recognized.
    I wish every country could be forced to adopt this also