Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free Invite!

aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Even if you have to pay ($15), usenet is still pretty great and definitely worth it.

In my case though, I get 80-95 day retention and max speeds all the time (using a small hack to allow more connections than set by the ISP).

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyogi4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

The only poster with 6K posts?

I have almost 12K. Heck manker has over 32K.

And his post wasn't a joke either, he's trying to point you all in the direction of a far superior method of file sharing, that yes, some times must cost a small amount of money, but many times is free via your ISP.

Sorry bd, you can lead a horse to water...........
    Skizo you're a staff member, and manker effendi lives here, I'm saying a regular user.
    Feck I'm barely in the top 50 of posters. Wtf does it have to do with the price of tea in china?

I'm not a regular user.

I'm a Loune Lizard.

We're better than you.

Fact.

-bd

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    turning you pc on and off will use more power and break the thing faster than just leaving it on and if we dont seed then we are paying our ISP's for wasted bandwidth not used.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    TheGeneral's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    ive heard of usenet, its not free tho :S is it?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    DISABLED PRIVS
    Torrents do wonders for me...

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I prefer torrents to usenet, and yes I have had experience with usenet. I used my isp's newsserver for about 1 or 2 years before I finally just got sick of it and switched over. The retention was horrible and I had to constantly download par recovery files to restore missing parts. I also almost always get better speeds off of sites like SCT. I know I could get a pay service with better retention and complete files, but I'd rather download from a fast private tracker for free. I don't hate usenet though, and I'd definitely still use it if bittorrent had never been invented.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I used usenet before but prefer torrents though I do check uneset when i can't find something on torrents though, it's not like i don't get max speed on all torrentsites i use anyway.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green_Thumb View Post
    turning you pc on and off will use more power and break the thing faster than just leaving it on and if we dont seed then we are paying our ISP's for wasted bandwidth not used.
    That's wrong on so many levels!
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post

yeah, let's start paying for filesharing
    There are plenty - https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/membe...rt=posts&pp=30

Quote Originally Posted by nanajeebus
    Not all isps offer news servers, and when they do they come nowhere close to the quality of the kind you'd have to pay for.

But yeah, if you can afford (or want) to pay for the quality of a good news server, then yeah, they are good. Worth it? That's up to you.

Personally, the idea of paying to steal just makes me giggle.
    Paying $15/month for unlimited downloading, 100% maximization of your internet speed 100% of the time, zero seeding, etc., etc., etc., makes you giggle? Almost no one who tries it goes back to the torrent life.

What's really absurd is paying for a seedbox, instead of a news server.
    People say "Dont pay for filesharing" yet there are people paying absurd amounts of money for Seedboxes, why dont people say "Dont pay for filesharing" on that.
    Last edited by limpdickkid; 07-08-2007 at 08:03 AM.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green_Thumb View Post
    That's wrong on so many levels!
    Thank God you said something.

I was looking for a retort to that babble in every post following it.

yo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast