Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Dsl And Cable..

i honestly do think the people claiming 10mb may be looking at the rating of their ethernet card.....or maybe looking at what windows says their connection speed is my network connection speed as far as windows goes is 100.0 mbs..."real" speed is actually 1650 kb/s cable 320 kilobytes per second twice as fast as t1 per cable modem.net speed test

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    lol yea if i hover over my ethernet connection icon it says 100mb.. so in your faces mofukas&#33; but yea i guess that would explain people claiming to have 10mb connections.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    the uni i go to has t3 (44mbps)

the fastest available where i come from (the uk) is 2mbps cable

i can only get 56k due to where i live

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by toddiscool@18 June 2003 - 16:43
    The crazy speeds that you hear about are uually people in european country&#39;s, sweeden, and other type places (I am not a geographer.) Reason being the goverments payed to have a high speed backbone when the internet first came out, thus a 10 MB line cost them about 25 american (equivelent) that is what a couple of guys on Direct connect told me anyway. And they do not have the bull download limit either.

And Moga tell your fam that they do not know what they are talkiing about, cable is as easy to hack as anything else. If someone wants to they will.
    &#036;25 means alot for them, they make far less than what US people do, so sure t3 is cheaper for us, but not for them&#33;&#33;&#33;

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by LoveItLive+19 June 2003 - 00:18--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LoveItLive @ 19 June 2003 - 00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-toddiscool@18 June 2003 - 16:43
    The crazy speeds that you hear about are uually people in european country&#39;s, sweeden, and other type places (I am not a geographer.) Reason being the goverments payed to have a high speed backbone when the internet first came out, thus a 10 MB line cost them about 25 american (equivelent) that is what a couple of guys on Direct connect told me anyway. And they do not have the bull download limit either.

And Moga tell your fam that they do not know what they are talkiing about, cable is as easy to hack as anything else. If someone wants to they will.
    &#036;25 means alot for them, they make far less than what US people do, so sure t3 is cheaper for us, but not for them&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    are you kidding?

some of the scandanavian countries who have t3 are extremely rich.
    you underestimate other coutries...i wonder why

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@19 June 2003 - 00:30

are you kidding?

Oh yea, the rich people, I meant for those normal people, I am sure you can get t3 in US if you are rich enough.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by LoveItLive+19 June 2003 - 01:52--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LoveItLive @ 19 June 2003 - 01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2nd gen noob@19 June 2003 - 00:30

are you kidding?

Oh yea, the rich people, I meant for those normal people, I am sure you can get t3 in US if you are rich enough. [/b][/quote]
    sorry, i think you misunderstood

what i meant was that the average wealth in (some) scandinavian countries is above that of north america

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    yea i have to agree.. but then again im half swedish, so gotta stick up for my people.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Where I am at, there is cablemodem service plans for businesses (although home users can get it...) with much higher upload and download speeds.

Although my cablemodem is capped at ~1.8 mbps down and 0.25 mbps up, the device itself is capable of at least 10 mbps in both directions -- the only question would be could the ISP&#39;s intranet and internet link handle it.

Needless to say, they&#39;d DEFINITELY notice if I uncapped it to that speed&#33;

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Forum Star
    In Europe the fastest DSL you can get is 7800 kbit/s.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast