Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: SCC vs FTN

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    All trackers do not use the same predb. Actually, it's very simple to make the tracker subtract a few seconds from the true pretime after each torrent is uploaded. Don't always judge all sites pretimes to be true
    Very true, but I've actually sat and watched torrents come up first on SCC, and there isn't really any denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Also, don't always judge a site by the amount of torrents they have. It's up to the person coding the site to decide how often torrents are purged.
    Now the number of torrents is down to 4400, meaning that they just pruned 100 in the last hour or so. So, yes, it looks like they do actively prune torrents.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    dawsonkm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I don't have either sct or ftn. scc is good for me because i was actually able to get in. speed is excellent on new torrents

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by pandapop View Post
    SCC has had open signups for far too long ...id feel the same kind of safety as uploading RIAA & MPAA executives bank account details onto TPB, while at the same time emailing my ip address and a list of everything ive ever 'stolen' from the internet to the police, along with a map drawn in ms. paint of how to get to my house from the police station avoiding all the traffic hotspots and the local hedgehog crossing point.
    agreed. open signup is a little worrisome...hmmm....maybe i should cancel my scc account also.....hmmm...never really thought of it like that....but then, on the other hand, on ftn, its never seems like anyone leeches anything....relatively speaking....the most #of snatches i ever see on a regular basis per torrent is about 20. hard to manage your ratio....if you are not careful...

although....maybe things will be better once i master the rss feed....i almost got into a shitload of trouble when i first started using the rss feed..

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    Quote Originally Posted by pandapop View Post
    SCC has had open signups for far too long ...id feel the same kind of safety as uploading RIAA & MPAA executives bank account details onto TPB, while at the same time emailing my ip address and a list of everything ive ever 'stolen' from the internet to the police, along with a map drawn in ms. paint of how to get to my house from the police station avoiding all the traffic hotspots and the local hedgehog crossing point.

and u saying that its not just scc every torrent site out there is not safe just a lil misstake and far as u know they can be watching any site as a member
    thats why i dont trust no 1 out there two invite yeh that gos 4 fst aswell what happens if you invite a RIAA & MPAA and you traded with them and you did not know about it ?
    Last edited by jam0980tr; 07-09-2007 at 01:40 AM.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    whoa, I wasn't saying in any way that scc was doing either of the above in my post... in fact I know 2 staff members there very closely and think highly of it (except the p2l part). I was just throwing the fact out there lol. No need to reply to either of my posts above.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Superkiller's Avatar The Killer BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    FTn is good but every high level and hard to get
    SCC open sign ups and faster then other high levels

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Poster
    One of the best measures of a site I have come across is the Peer:User ratio. SCC's was 1.5 to 1 last I checked, which isn't bad, but nothing special either.

And SCC's prebot is notoriously laggy, which is responsible for at least some of their good pretimes.

If you ask me, they are ridiculously overhyped. Even aside from FTN, CT has much faster pre's much more consistently, a wider selection of 0day (admittedly they die faster at CT), a helpful staff who do not prune you every week (though they do tend to beg for money a lot), no wait times, and an IRC bonus.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Scc is p2l. Ftn is not. So ftn ftw, especially if you have a fast connection. Unless you are a sucker and you want other people to earn money by exploiting your connection.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    IMO, you should really pick the one you feel has the best community feel..

FTN will always be my choice b/c it's pretty much my home.
    Don't always judge a site b/c of it's torrents, be somehwere you enjoy being at.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    Scc is a pay2leech(pay2scum) i don't give a shit about it , doesnt worth to be mentioned in a filesharing community, bc the staff members are rud and they think they are elitist, i read a Chalisto post he said i rather see a site die than turned to Pay2scum, after 2 week Scc has turned to Pay2scum and he said he will handing warning and disable account if you comment against w scam system, they hav the worst staff around.
    Never pay for File Sharing!
    I rather use emule or XDcc then use scumaccess.
    If i hav money to pay4GIGS i will rather pay for slots in a race site wich is much better and i wouldn't care abt my ratio anymore.
    Well FTN also has Zep if you disagree with him wait for your account to be disabled or maybe if he was in a good mood he will suspend your inv or post privelage

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast