Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Christian Downloads !

namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul@28 June 2003 - 13:04
    Do you get any Public Holidays or anything and are they officially recognised. We get Christmas and Easter, just wondering if you got anything.

Like I say, its the philosophy that I follow much as in the way a buddist does.
    Its not my bible and I dont adhere to any religion as I am a an atheist.
    I do aplogise to anybody who has relgion in their life but thats the way I am. I would never insult or perscute someone because of their relgion I just hope that the same respect could be shown to me.

Edit: And to answer your original question Jp there are 3 major holidays.
    You own birthday
    Walpurgisnacht
    and Halloween

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    I have no problem with whatever philosophy you chose to follow in life. I think people just get the wrong end of the stick when you say you follow the philosophy of satanism.

I assume that as you are an atheist then you also don't believe that satan actually exists, as such you are not a satanist, just someone who has a philosophical viewpoint which is similar to theirs.

There are people who follow the teachings of Christ, who are not Christians, as they do not believe he was the son of God. In fact it is possible to follow his teachings and be an atheist. Similar to what you do, only with different teachings / beliefs.

I may not support the beliefs as you have outlined them, however I fully support your right to have and express them

3. Lounge   -   #23
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Think you very much for you supportive and level headed reponse JP.
    I was beginning to think I was a monster.

By posting about the church of satan I was not trying to create controvesy or offend anyone, just to expand others knowledge on it. I would recommend to anyone of any faith to d/l the satanic bible just as a reference book (its a damn interesting read). Its also a good chance to check out the opposition!!!!

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by JPaul@28 June 2003 - 14:24
    There are people who follow the teachings of Christ, who are not Christians, as they do not believe he was the son of God. In fact it is possible to follow his teachings and be an atheist. Similar to what you do, only with different teachings / beliefs.
    Hey, that's me! He's talking about me!

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey+28 June 2003 - 15:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 28 June 2003 - 15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@28 June 2003 - 14:24
    Hey, that&#39;s me&#33; He&#39;s talking about me&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I didn&#39;t want to mention your name, as it isn&#39;t my place to expose your beliefs, but yes you did spring to mind while I was writing it.

PS you really have to stop abusing your powers, to get other mods banned and make it look like people think you are cool.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by JPaul@28 June 2003 - 15:25
    I didn&#39;t want to mention your name, as it isn&#39;t my place to expose your beliefs, but yes you did spring to mind while I was writing it.

PS you really have to stop abusing your powers, to get other mods banned and make it look like people think you are cool.

Slightly controversial smilie to use in this topic, but what the hell...

7. Lounge   -   #27
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@28 June 2003 - 14:27

Slightly controversial smilie to use in this topic, but what the hell...
    You have offended me, may you burn in hell sinner

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by namzuf9@28 June 2003 - 15:30
    You have offended me, may you burn in hell sinner
    I&#39;ll see you down there then.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I think I have decided to be sort of.....christian/buddhist strange thing, but then again, some views of either I dont agree with so....

I just beleive in God or something watching over us, but not neccaserily anything else....

Yeah im sticking with that

I dont think we have the right to mock anybodys religion, be it christian or Satanist. Although i do not agree with satanists, I can respect them for choosing to be who they are

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Poster
    The Christian view would almost certainly be that they did not chose to be who they were, that they had been taken by satan and his minions.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast