Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeding on TL

kostnkost's Avatar "Otay" BT Rep: +1
    Is it just me or does it seem harder to seed on TL now? I remember last year where I could seed and keep my ratio around 5. Now a days I am lucky to keep it over 2.

Is it because the site grew since the earlier days? Seedboxes?

What gives

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Gosh, I never managed to keep it too much over 1 =/
    If today is even harder I think I have a good explanation: people like me, with slow connections now download from other trackers (like IPT) that are a lot easier to seed and have tons of content too. So, you have less peers with slow connections while keeping the seedboxes and high speed connections. There must be other motives too, but this one seems plausible to me because that's exactly my case.
    Last edited by 7th; 08-20-2010 at 12:15 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    That's a reasonable guess 7th.Anyway I've noticed a big difference in the last few months and so like you said primarily use IPT and RevTT for anything new although revTT seems to be getting worse of late ( like almost everything else - God bless TVT.com) too.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Mr. Torrentstorm BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem harder to seed on TL now? I remember last year where I could seed and keep my ratio around 5. Now a days I am lucky to keep it over 2.

Is it because the site grew since the earlier days? Seedboxes?

What gives
    I think that many of TL users are not using TL because of the new seeding rule. If you don't seed in a ratio 1:1 then you must seed at least 60 hours. My ratio is above 2 and therefore I don't like the idea of seeding of min. 60 hours. I use 100 Mbit internet connnection, so I don't have any problems to seed. I just hate to seed a simpel torrent file for 60 hours, which doesn't make sense for me.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by lol87 View Post
    I think that many of TL users are not using TL because of the new seeding rule. If you don't seed in a ratio 1:1 then you must seed at least 60 hours.
    They, just like many other 0-Day trackers, don't enforce that rule.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Gbits boxes that's why it's harder

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Ratioless trackers are another reason. Many people have migrated to a giant like preto.me and stopped worrying about ratio on sites like TL.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 08-20-2010 at 07:26 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    paradoxically, it appears that my largest amounts seeded on TL come from old releases so i'd recommend to just grab what you like and keep it seeded for as long as you can instead of automatically jumping on the newly uploaded torrents.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    paradoxically, it appears that my largest amounts seeded on TL come from old releases so i'd recommend to just grab what you like and keep it seeded for as long as you can instead of automatically jumping on the newly uploaded torrents.
    actually cine, I think there's no problem in jumping to the new torrents (I even think it's a little bit better) as long as you keep seeding them for a long time. When they become old releases, they will more likely ending up being the most seeded torrents you have.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I have 0.5Mbit up and actually have to remove/stop torrents, so they don't steal from other sites I need to seed. Usually within a week. Once in a blue moon I don't get 1.0 on a release, but they are old. Maybe ISP/location play a part as well? But then again I don't use TL for scene content, but rather the best release, so maybe that plays a part. I also, like cinephilia, download whatever I want from there, new and old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast