View Poll Results: How many times were you banned from oink?

Voters
267. You may not vote on this poll

173 64.79%

46 17.23%

13 4.87%

11 4.12%
  • more than 3

24 8.99%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: How many times you were banned from oink?

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickJelly View Post
    I've never been banned and neither has my inviter nor anybody I know.

As long as you don't hit and run, keep a good ratio, treat the staff with respect and keep away from giving out invites to the wrong people, you'll be fine. And if you use a decent client then you shouldn't have problems with the script either. In other words, just behave. Works for me and thousands of others.

And even if you got banned for no reason I am positive you could get you account back from the staff if you ask them the right way. Think about it, there's probably a shitload of people who get banned for breaking the rules, then get all upset and contacts the mods with things like "wtf, why did my account get bannned!!!11!!". So if you confront them in that manner then they will probably label you as an idiot.

A lot of people who responded that they've been banned obviously did something wrong, ie sharing accounts or trading or whatever. Also, keep in mind that most of the people who voted in the poll are here on FST to trade invites which is something you get banned for at oink, thus the results are not surprising at all imo.
    Sounds about right except for the H&R part. You can hit and run on Oink. I have done it lots of times, when downloading something from new users. And they are happy about it since they need the upload and I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Great Tracker !!! They Give Many Chances.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    leavemealone's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    never

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I got it once, kept it for a while and traded it, and then as soon as the trader got the account it got banned(even before changing pass)

so voted for once

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    DSLFreak's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Never

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    patiesmiz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2

Question Mark

Only once, when they ban you thay did it for good, I think.

Since just joint this forum and TooMuchTime banned me for good last year, hope she can remember me -my nick is same wherever I go- an tell me why did I do to get banned.
    My ratio was very good and I was a good uploader, in spite I broke the rule -I uploaded a legendary bootleg of David Bowie which was audience, ppl enjoyed it a lot according to the comments I got, but well- and got a warning.
    But don't think that's a reason for banning someone for good, and, btw, I was using Azureus then, so the client was not the cause.
    And my avatar was very cute as well.

Hope she sees my post one day and explain publicaly the reason she had to ban me on this forum.
    Maybe she doesn't remember me, OINK has many users and this happened around one year ago, but still wondering why I got banned from the tracker and the irc channel.

But even if she refused to give me an explanation I will understand that. OINK is her site and she can ban whoever she want, we are her invites, she is an admin and we must respect this fact.

Sorry for my English, I'm from Spain.

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    Never been banned anywhere.. i use tracker not breaking rules and i haven't problems..

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    yoyogi4's Avatar Wanna see my BooBoo? BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    never been there.

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    Idanp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    once

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast