Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Me new hair

DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Yellow-green doesnt blend in with sand. Are u color blind?
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

2. Lounge   -   #22
    blends in better than illuminous green, i guess.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    Yellow-Green is the most visible color out of all colors out there.
    No, it isn't.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    read it again. I think you misread. I missed a '. Am i a wee bit mental? Well, i have mental medicine, so i'd say yes.
    If you missed a very important part of a word it's hardly a case of me misreading.

So, your brother's in-laws wanted a photograph of you.

Why.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    Yellow-Green is the most visible color out of all colors out there.
    No, it isn't.
    It is according to this article:

2) Chartreuse is the most visible color.

Yellow-green, chartreuse, sits right in the middle of the frequencies of visible light. Your eyes have receptors for blue, green and red. Being in the middle, yellow-green triggers the most of these receptors to fire, making it easy to spot. In some cities, firetrucks have been changed from red to a yellow-green color to make them more visible.
    http://www.lifehack.org/articles/pro...e-you-had.html
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    According to what I've read, pure, bright lemon-yellow is the most visible colour.

I'm almost certain the reason the reason you'd want to use a bit of green in it has more to do with taking the edge off the yellow. Seeing as how yellow strains the eyes.

It (yellow being more visible) has to do with how yellow contrasts with different settings and colours more than with how many receptors detect it.
    Last edited by Snee; 07-14-2007 at 04:34 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    read it again. I think you misread. I missed a '. Am i a wee bit mental? Well, i have mental medicine, so i'd say yes.
    If you missed a very important part of a word it's hardly a case of me misreading.

Why.
    Well, with or without the ', it still didnt say my brother in law wanted a pic.

They saw me a very long time ago, and i've changed in my appearance a lot since that time. No idea why they want it, and all my old pics were when i had drug problems and was very skinny/pale/panda=eyed, so the Spanish one wouldnt let me send one of thse.

Ok?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post

Why.
    Well, with or without the ', it still didnt say my brother in law wanted a pic.
    When something is that badly written one has to make a best guess at what the writer was trying to convey. In this instance and given the context a badly spelt "brother-in-law" seemed the most likely. Him wanting a photograph of you was bizarre, however the alternative that your brother's wife's parents wanted one seemed even stranger.
    Last edited by Sextent; 07-14-2007 at 05:05 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    To be perfectly honest, your writing style doesn't really fit in with your claimed employment. I suspect one or the other (probably both) is mendacity on your part.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Tho' to be fair you are posting this stuff in the middle of the night after having taken snake oil tablets.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast