Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *official Star Wars Chat Thread: Episode 3 An More

yes but lucas did orig write 9 episodes to to the star wars and had to start at number 4 because of the lack of tech available

so if this is going to be the last one that lucas makes then it will be interesting to see if he allows other directors/producers make the outstanding three

personaley i would like to see the L.O.R. Director (cant think of is name right now)do it

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Well I throughly enjoyed AOTC. Sure the movie started off a bit slow... but the second half was phenomenal. Did george go a bit heavy on the CGI, ya, probably, but it was still a site to behold.

Yes, episode 3 is his last movie in the star wars saga.

All in all, at this point, the new trilogy isnt as good as the first, I dont think it will reach that same status, but then we have to think, most of the "old star wars fans", saw the movies at a younger, more impresionable, less critical age... maybe giving us a slanted view of the new trilogy???

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by superduperman@20 June 2003 - 13:33
    yes but lucas did orig write 9 episodes to to the star wars and had to start at number 4 because of the lack of tech available

so if this is going to be the last one that lucas makes then it will be interesting to see if he allows other directors/producers make the outstanding three

personaley i would like to see the L.O.R. Director (cant think of is name right now)do it
    That director is peter jackson.

He wont give the directing rights to any one... maybe Rick Mccallum, the producer, but its highly unlikely, and we just have to accept that this will be the last one...

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    I think Lucas did try to go with a younger age range with Phantom Menace but u see this was gonna happen anyway (bringin' in younger viewers i mean) because u had this young boy playin' Anakin that kids would relate to, its sci-fi anyway (spaceships & rayguns) and also because the Star Wars franchise is so friggin massive with the TOYS probably being the biggest seller, kids buy toys simple as that....Now u look at AOTC and see that Lucas kerbed the kiddie stuff a little (anakin grew up, jar-jar took a back seat) and that the films r becoming a little more grown up and darker like the original trilogy were (well Empire anyway)..Big Star Wars fan myself, remember seeing the 1st movie around 1980 on VHS and was hooked..great now to see my own kids watching the new Trilogy on DVD and themselves getting hooked (ya gotta see their lightsaber battles with drinks bottles..puts Star Wars Kid to shame)...Seeya!!!

N.B. Schmiggy i know u r a big star wars fan like myself, but the producers Rick Mccallum, just clearin' that one up (send to room, no supper)
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    I think it might be better than the last two star wars movies but only if George Lucas hires a decent script writer. He can't write decent dialogue to save himself.

It's the last star wars movie.....it has to be good.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    It's not gonna be good, and you know why? becuase I was fully waiting for the other 3 episodes after this. No matter how good this is, it's going to be disappointing.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by slimboyfatz@20 June 2003 - 15:06
    N.B. Schmiggy i know u r a big star wars fan like myself, but the producers Rick Mccallum, just clearin' that one up (send to room, no supper)
    Ya, i know that... im retarded... i was talking to my buddy jack at the time, and for some reason, it just came out that way, lol.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    I bet you all the money in the world that by popular demand, Lucas will make the remaining Star Wars movies, sometime a few years from now probably, to fully truely finish it off.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I can almost promise you he wont.

he has stated repeatedly that he has spent enough of his life on star wars, though he enjoys it, he has so many other movie ideas, and things he wants to get to, and doesnt want to be bogged down with another 9-10 of star wars production for 3 movies...

sorry man.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Plus.. He's getting old, and if they were going to make the 3 more. He would basically be starting off from the beginning. I mean all new characters would have to be added, you would still have the same base (Republic Vs. Empire) but there would be too many new things.

Now anybody have any spoilers?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast