Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hit n run

upGrayde's Avatar Tax Evader BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    quit hijacking, this thread is about what sites allow hit and run

so far, we've established TD, SCT, HDBITS, OINk, BITMETV (r u sure?)

what else? what about revtt, wildbytes, underground-gamer, tti, tl, etc.
    Alright.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by mforcex View Post
    Daniel posted why HNR can be harmful. I will post why it is beneficial:
    -People with high ratios can quit the torrent and let people with low ratios seed
    -Extensive HNR rules deter leeching (See: FTN, 72 hrs seed time, no leechers)

Yeah well not all tracker have problems with not having enough leechers. One of the main reasons some people get ratios that are very high (5-10) is because other people hit and run and therefor allows the power seeders to seed for them. If everyone just stopped hitting and running ratios would even out and everyone would be happy.

Also, hit n' run slows the overall speed down and everyone gets slower downloads.

As an uploader I hate it when people hit n' run as it forces me to seed longer which keeps me from moving on and uploading new material instead of seeding the same torrents for hours and hours.

Hit 'n runs reduces the time a torrent stays alive.

There you have a couple of reasons why hit 'n runners suck balls in most cases. Of course it differente from tracker to tracker.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    RevTT has a rather serious looking line in their rules and the same is true for TTi.

* "No Hit And Running Allowed or be BANNED!!"

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    TL is great for that, wouldn't be without it, sometimes I need to grab something very quick, so I can give elsewhere, swings & roundabouts everybody.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickJelly View Post
    Yeah well not all tracker have problems with not having enough leechers. One of the main reasons some people get ratios that are very high (5-10) is because other people hit and run and therefor allows the power seeders to seed for them. If everyone just stopped hitting and running ratios would even out and everyone would be happy.

Also, hit n' run slows the overall speed down and everyone gets slower downloads.

As an uploader I hate it when people hit n' run as it forces me to seed longer which keeps me from moving on and uploading new material instead of seeding the same torrents for hours and hours.

Hit 'n runs reduces the time a torrent stays alive.
    -People get high ratios to buffer accounts, feel good about themselves for sharing, and other reasons. They rarely if ever get high ratios because other people don't seed.
    -I haven't seen slow speeds at bitmetv, oink, td, sct, hdbits or tl.
    -On a site small site I can see where point 3 would be valid and I will not argue this one.
    -bitmetv, oink, sct, hdbits or tl all have very old torrents.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    GaleaNatur's Avatar ---Retired--- BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by upGrayde View Post
    quit hijacking, this thread is about what sites allow hit and run

so far, we've established TD, SCT, HDBITS, OINk, BITMETV (r u sure?)

what else? what about revtt, wildbytes, underground-gamer, tti, tl, etc.
    i am sure about oink and bitmetv i don't know for the rest
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    for you my tip go 2 public tracker sites and do many hit and run as u like cuz no prvt tracker out there dont let U hit & run maybe seed 60% then u can stop it 4 a break
    Last edited by jam0980tr; 07-15-2007 at 08:07 PM.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by svk69 View Post
    for you my tip go 2 public tracker sites and do meany hit and run as u like cuz no prvt tracker out there dont aload hit & run maybe seed 60% then u can stop it 4 a break
    cool

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Maybe he just picked the wrong country/flag, then I could understand a mastery of the English language like that

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by svk69 View Post
    for you my tip go 2 public tracker sites and do meany hit and run as u like cuz no prvt tracker out there dont aload hit & run maybe seed 60% then u can stop it 4 a break
    I think he's mentally challenged. There is no way that someone could type this and have an IQ above 60.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast