Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revtt

necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertec View Post
    only the good community sites will get my money

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    It makes me sad that people are falling for this. With this scare tactic alone I bet he bought himself a new plasma TV and computer.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Well, the mood seems to be shifting against RevTT, surprisingly. I think people should give them the benefit of the doubt though because in my time there, it's the first ocurrence where the future of the tracker as we know it may be in jeopardy. edit: And further explained, other trackers are much more obtrusive in their quest for donations so there's still a long way to go yet before I write them off

Their server-cost claim is something I don't understand, the same goes for their current server situation. Just a quick example: I've read in their forums that RevTT has about 400 (regular) donators and if each of them donates the minimum amount of $5 every second month, they'd still get $1.000 per month. with that, they ought to be able to finance three very fast servers that should do fine on their current user load.

Maybe that's the only problem I've got with them: they don't help out with any details, not about their current situation, nor about a donation goal to meet and how far it is to go yet. Judging by the poll on their website their latest attempt at fundraising seems to be very favorable to them, in a poll on the website over 1200 people voted that they'd "most definitely" donate to help the tracker - that's three times the amount of their donators so far.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Well, the mood seems to be shifting against RevTT, surprisingly. I think people should give them the benefit of the doubt though because in my time there, it's the first ocurrence where the future of the tracker as we know it may be in jeopardy. edit: And further explained, other trackers are much more obtrusive in their quest for donations so there's still a long way to go yet before I write them off

Their server-cost claim is something I don't understand, the same goes for their current server situation. Just a quick example: I've read in their forums that RevTT has about 400 (regular) donators and if each of them donates the minimum amount of $5 every second month, they'd still get $1.000 per month. with that, they ought to be able to finance three very fast servers that should do fine on their current user load.

Maybe that's the only problem I've got with them: they don't help out with any details, not about their current situation, nor about a donation goal to meet and how far it is to go yet. Judging by the poll on their website their latest attempt at fundraising seems to be very favorable to them, in a poll on the website over 1200 people voted that they'd "most definitely" donate to help the tracker - that's three times the amount of their donators so far.
    Excellent point of view.

I also dont know who these guys are trying to fool.
    The same people who run RevTT also run quite a few other $$$ making cow torrent sites... The same sites that most people complain message you weekly/bi-weekly asking for donations. I could name at least 3 sites... but dont feel the need to. Since mentioning them wont change peoples opinions on their "need donations" scheme. If your going to donate your going to do so regaurdless to the reasons.

Several of the staff I know from these sites... Have in the past bragged to me about how they have no need to have a REAL job apart from running these sites.
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 07-17-2007 at 11:58 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    SalsaMan's Avatar vamos a bailar! BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

Several of the staff I know from these sites... Have in the past bragged to me about how they have no need to have a REAL job apart from running these sites.
    ... which is exactly why I don't donate. I'm not into paying someone's wages for running a torrent tracker.

Show me some REAL evidence of why an OUTSTANDING tracker NEEDS donations, and I'd help.

TT for example, if they started to be short of funds for server costs for whatever reason, I'd help out if we (the users) got good evidence of why they needed help, and it was was legit as could be proven.
    mental note: get better sig

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    EDIT:

Nothing can be done about it. Its all bs but he will get away with it, people dont know any better that is why he can keep doing it over and over. It wont stop but maybe one day they will get the hint that they have been shafted..

Doh
    Last edited by DohMein; 07-17-2007 at 12:26 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    DISABLED PRIVS
    I wish i had a paypal account in these situations haha..

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Member BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by mforcex View Post
    It makes me sad that people are falling for this. With this scare tactic alone I bet he bought himself a new plasma TV and computer.
    I mentioned this in the Rev forums and "the herd" has flamed me for it. I'm member "dagon01",lol. The moderators there are definatly getting a cut of the action the way they stick up for them and lie about costs. But who cares if these assholes want to pay for filesharing(key word sharing not paying) then let them.
    Last edited by Rotting99; 07-17-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123