Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OiNK - Cheating Program Question

Poster BT Rep: +5
    Why would one want to know how to do it? Or think about it? It makes no sense. Cheaters are pathetic. If you have slow u/l speed you should still have no trouble with maintaining a safe and positive ratio imo. At least if you are wise about what you pull.

I am not saying you are looking to cheat I just think its "hinky" to ask this question you asked...

Peace

Doh

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i just wanted no no how clever the scripts are at OiNK

guys it was jus a question no need to jump to conclusions so quickly

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    desiKing's Avatar ☆☆KING☆☆ BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    BitTorrent is all about sharing?? so why would some1 want to used moded clients.
    and yes your account will be disable? e

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    some cheaters never get caught. cheating is a skill... an art.

everyone thinks anyone who cheats gets caught... so they automatically say omg cheating=ban, but the truth is torrent sites have shitty cheat detecting scripts, and no one on the staff has ever taken a math class

so whats the point of my post... the point is this... cheaters are all around us, and admins of websites need to learn some stuff to fix this. if i ever ran a torrent site, id get every single cheater, even the skilled ones.
    Last edited by mforcex; 07-16-2007 at 12:46 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mforcex View Post
    some cheaters never get caught. cheating is a skill... an art.

everyone thinks anyone who cheats gets caught... so they automatically say omg cheating=ban, but the truth is torrent sites have shitty cheat detecting scripts, and no one on the staff has ever taken a math class

so whats the point of my post... the point is this... cheaters are all around us, and admins of websites need to learn some stuff to fix this. if i ever ran a torrent site, id get every single cheater, even the skilled ones.
    LMAO were you serious with your last comment?
    If you were ... my only comment wont be HAHAHA

Not every cheater will be found... some/alot probably will... but there are really so many differant tools/methods out there... that in order to even attempt to catch them all your site would go down the tube cause you would need to be logging everything every peer does. Logging all the stuff you would need... it would basically bring the sites server to its knees.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    fine, there are many methods and tools, but imo, they still only catch really stupid cheaters. the cheaters that sites are catching are the people who go crazy and get an insane ratio on a torrent, jacking up their upload rate. the few ideas i have in mind to catch skilled cheaters dont require a tremendous amount of logging... im not sure how many logging is tremendous anyways.

on a site note, i bet its impossible for TL to catch cheaters since there are way too many peers. they could catch some, and only some. cheaters on small sites are generally super easy to catch.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Oink= no cheaters
    TL= cheaters paradise

when I look at a torrent at TL and the 1000 seeders.. I wounder how many of those seeds are actually cheaters.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Oink= no cheaters
    TL= cheaters paradise

when I look at a torrent at TL and the 1000 seeders.. I wounder how many of those seeds are actually cheaters.
    Oink probably has no cheaters since their script is so crazy it bans non cheaters too. They believe in sacrificing people.

Gish, I don't think TL is a paradise for cheaters. Are you talking about skilled cheaters, or just regular noobie cheaters being there? They must have some half decent script to at least kill off the noobie cheaters.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Demigod's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by mforcex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Oink= no cheaters
    TL= cheaters paradise

Oink probably has no cheaters since their script is so crazy it bans non cheaters too. They believe in sacrificing people.

Gish, I don't think TL is a paradise for cheaters. Are you talking about skilled cheaters, or just regular noobie cheaters being there? They must have some half decent script to at least kill off the noobie cheaters.
    Scripts aren't the only thing that detects cheaters. It also depends on the competency of the admins of a site. Only the obvious cheaters get banned automatically by scripts.

Although they are paranoid and does wrongfully ban many people, the staff of OiNK probably spends countless hours reviewing flagged accounts.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post

You are so fucking obvious, lad.

-bd
    Offtopic:
    DefianceX is he going to get an infraction for this??
    Narc...

-bd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast