Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All Possible Problems

CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by clocker@11 July 2003 - 23:39
    I would be interested in hearing possible causes of the dreaded "upside down movie" problem.
    I just developed it.
    Not only do the files play upside down but they are reversed as well. It's like you're watching from the backside of the screen.

I just did a clean install of the 2.4++ version of K-Lite and the latest test build of the codec pack. I have done a uninstall/reinstall of both programs with no success.
    VideoLan plays the file properly, but WMP9 and the BS player are fubar.

Any ideas?
    A solution I've come across is the use of ffdshow. Some of you may know of it; open & select Configuration > scroll down & highlight Miscellaneous. To the right, check the 'flip video' box. That should reverse the process of upsidedown/backwards movies. This was a suggestion when burning with Nero, may work for pc viewing too. You might want to change it back once used to burn those otherwise backwards movies so that you don't end up burning non troubled movies backwards.

"8-ball Corner Pocket"

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Great Post

Now somebody please tell me
    Am I the only person who thinks that Canopous ProCoder does both a better and faster job of converting AVI to MPEG than TMPG?

I have only ever had blocky results from TMPG and it takes ages, but ProCoder provides a much smoother video and in far less time.

It is only a shame I cant seem to find an up to date cracked version, If anyone can help.....

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    I just downloaded my first movie and it shakes around like your chin on speed. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

codec: divx
    player: WMP9
    movie: Natural Born Killers (verified)

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    PrinceJason
    Originally posted by yxuz@20 June 2003 - 14:59
    1.searching
    For good quality movies, forget about those on cinema, cos they are either fake or vague. Try those already DVD released titles. They are usually around 700mb in size, and also check other identical files, whether they contain other movie titles or not, if yes, this movie is DEFINITELY fake.
    Or just as easy use avi-preview after about a minutes worth of video is downloaded. I got a hash for the movie A.I. http://www.fasttrackmovies.com/ It was rated 3 stars. I didn't preview it. When I played the movie it had embeded Chinese subtiles that could not be removed, had several freezes and the sound was off. Always preview, especially when the movie is under 700mb! The highest quality movie that I have ever had is T2. Each of the two parts was about 700mb.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Yes I agree always preview after a min or so.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    okay I downloaded a rockman exe episode and the sound is way out of sinc and I tried redownloading it but it didnt help how can I fix that?

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Try a Program called virtual dub (Its Free)

you will have to do a web search for proper guides on how to use it but it is well worth it ..

GET IT HERE http://www.virtualdub.org/index

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Has anyone else used MainConcept MPEG Encoder for converting AVI&#39;s to VCD? It&#39;s really fast (2 hours max on my Athlon 1Ghz, 512MB, XP Pro), but a couple of times it has sent A/V out of sync after 20 minutes or so.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    1/ UPSIDE DOWN MOVIES

i have always used ffdshow and click the flip video in the miscellaneous window, and have had no problems

2/ SPLITTING FILES

i have always used easy video splitter and easy is the word too, it takes no more than a few minutes, and no loss of audio synch, tryed virtual dub and it drove me mad, easy splitter is free at first, and i found it worth it and bought it, i think it cost me about 12 quid.

3/ come someone help me with my problem, i download a good quality movie and when i think every think is dandy, i burn the movie and the quality comes out great, but then sometimes there is a fault on it and then it all goes funny and cant watch it anymore. my question is :

does anybody know if there is a way that you can test the movies for faults before you burn them and if there is a way you can repair them, so i dont keep waisting discs, how does every one else deal with this problem ? someone please help as i am at my witts end with it all

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    drummerist
    Thanks for your information regarding the "upside down movies". I trawled through all of Nero faqs without success and came on here to ask like a "newb", what the problem was. It has only happened once but after wasting 2 discs trying to burn with nero I thought I would risk the wrath that I see directed at other human beings who dare ask such stupid questions of the forum.I will try some of those suggestions,especially the program that will invert, the problem is that when you view the movie prior to burning ,it is correctly alligned and the right way up. Thanks again for your knowlege and help,this is why I joined the forum in the first place.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast