View Poll Results: How much are your monthly fees?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than $20

8 7.48%
  • $20-$29

18 16.82%
  • $30-$39

3 2.80%
  • $40-$49

3 2.80%
  • $50-$59

1 0.93%
  • $60+ (specify)

16 14.95%
  • Blank vote (See results)

58 54.21%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Do you rent a seedbox?

nom nom nom BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by DohMein View Post
    This went from a seedbox poll/thread to a newsgroups thread? NG are old school and still widely used but not as good as BT or as fast with releases for the most part, plus most people have to pay for something you can get for free, faster and easier for the most part from BT. I use NG's on occasion and still find them useful for some odd things I need or older files but they are not as good as fun as bt is all around. It is safer than bt. A dying breed indeed who still stick with it daily though..... As for maxxing out connections I can do it with both so its a matter of what better suits the user. I prefer BT.

Yeah, I used to use them quite a bit but they're alright if you can't find something old elsewhere.
    I don't rent a seedbox. Can't afford it because I'm a tightwad.
    In space no one can hear you scream.
    In cyber space no one can see your man-boobs.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    rexton85's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickJelly View Post
    $89/month

Dedicated server at vectoral. 100/100 line with 3 TB bandwidth. Also I get true 100/100, I don't share the port.
    Just had a look on vectoral's site and saw that all their servers are sold out

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    TS.org
    Also have a good specced dedicated server from vectoral. 5 TB bandwith. I pay $219/month.

I recommend them greatly and there service is 2nd to none. They took a little longer in setting my server up for me and for my inconvenience they gave me an extra 2GB RAM for free on top of the 2GB RAM it had

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    My friend signed up for the same box as me, the spring athlon, but accidentally got the wrong box. They noticed he had got the wrong one about 2 hours after they had given him access. 1 hour later the problem was solved and he got an extra 120 gig harddrive to make up for it. They have the best support/service ever.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I guess everybody ignored my rapidshare post. It beats usenet and a seedbox as far as best bang for your buck. Oh well.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickJelly View Post
    My friend signed up for the same box as me, the spring athlon, but accidentally got the wrong box. They noticed he had got the wrong one about 2 hours after they had given him access. 1 hour later the problem was solved and he got an extra 120 gig harddrive to make up for it. They have the best support/service ever.

also, you can chat online with a rep which is great when you have questions (unlike leaseweb)

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I got bored with newsgroups... yes I got things at my max speed but the community was poo.

Since using torrents and joining private torrent sites speeds are not much of an issue and I get access to a great community, can't beat it!
    Rent this space

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Insanity.

For an additional $25, you could get a Newshosting account for an entire year with unlimited bandwidth and download everything you get from trackers. Plus, you will max out your download speed 100% of the time. No uploading or seeding at all.... and it's completely safe.
    Disagree...Newsgroups are great, and so are the speeds but the content you can find on trackers like BitMeTV, OiNK, and the packs you can get on sites like FTN and RTS you can't find anywhere else....all file sharing should be free!

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by sp0ngeb0b View Post
    I guess everybody ignored my rapidshare post. It beats usenet and a seedbox as far as best bang for your buck. Oh well.
    Rapidshare sucks ass. Speeds suck, and you have to browse little kiddie warez forums, downloading about 43 pieces of M.y.FAV.Movie.prt1.29.BY.1.3.3.7.leet.warez.co.uk.zip

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    for 1 xvid movie you can find max 7 parts and for speeds are great

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345