Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: About Locked Posts

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    The threads are the History of the Forum.

We dont like deleting them at any time....and will bend over backwards NOT to delete them....its like trying to interfere with the boards evolution.

Moving them or locking them are the prefered options, depending upon what has happened on a thread, and recently in the forum...

eg:
    The "How do i become a Mod"...ripe for spamming, and had started...but hasnt been asked for a couple of weeks, so it was locked.

If someone had asked a couple of days ago, it would probably have been moved to the lounge when the spamming started.

Locking a topic gives another advantage. The member who started the thread can always ask us to reopen it, and that will be considered. If we move it to the lounge, its usually unsalvagable by the time the question comes up.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@21 June 2003 - 20:42
    If we move it to the lounge, its usually unsalvagable by the time the question comes up.
    That's so true sister. The hyenas have normally picked over the bones before you can say Jack Robinson.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by JPaul@21 June 2003 - 14:27
    We are, for once, in total agreement.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    i think its bad because most posts i have had locked have been locked pointlessly as in the end i didnt get the answer to my problem

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by monkeyhead@21 June 2003 - 21:13
    i think its bad cos most posts i av had lockd hav ben locked pointlessly as in the end i didnt get the answer to my problem
    No offence, but if your use grammer like that, nobodys going to take your posts seriously anyway

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Dont be catty Curley

If we close one of your threads and you havent had an answer...PM us.

Usually there is a reason, as has been explained before...however we will consider re-opening at the thread starters request.

If the MOD that closed the thread doesnt agree, then try another one..he may have a hangover or something

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@21 June 2003 - 21:41
    Dont be catty Curley
    Its my nauture

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Curley+21 June 2003 - 21:43--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Curley @ 21 June 2003 - 21:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@21 June 2003 - 21:41
    Dont be catty Curley
    Its my nauture [/b][/quote]
    I am noticing a tendancy towards harshness Curley. Are you not yourself at present. I know the feeling.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster

I apologise to any offence i&#39;ve caused to anyone (almost).

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Curley@21 June 2003 - 22:02

I apologise to any offence i&#39;ve caused to anyone (almost).

You are not being offensive pal, you just seem out of sorts. Probably more terse than harsh to be entirely honest.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast