Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trading and/or trading???

TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I don't say this lightly. When reading threads here, you get to know who the contributors are (fstrulz, skizo, JA, saulin, frize etc. etc. etc.). Even if you have never seen a name before, you can still see their stats, such as join date and how many posts they have made. Strange then that a lot of giveaway winners are n00bs who have joined within the last few days of the giveaway.
    I don't understand this paragraph at all.

You don't take what lightly?

The prior paragraph gives no hint to its meaning and it doesn't lead in to the following sentences.

"contributors" to what? Giveaways, trading, etc.....

Contributing to the forums here. People who add material on a day to day basis.

I am not making any assertions about their trading habits (they could be one off or wheeler dealers). I am making an assertion about their contributions to the forums here.

What I am referring to, in that paragraph, is the competitions/giveaways where someone makes a thread whereby they state that they have an account to give to one lucky person. Everyone who posts in that thread then asks to be considered for this giveaway. Ironically, the lucky winner seems to be someone who is new. With all the long termers here, you'd think that an account would be given to someone of some standing at FST, and not to a new account.

In that paragraph, I make no comment about anyones' trading status.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    FST rules state : Don't trade accounts at FST for sites that strictly forbid it.Far as I know EVERY site doesn't want there accounts traded. Why is this rule NEVER enforced...

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    This rule does apply for site like WB or FSC that regularly gives invites to our fellows FST users

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by iNSOMNiA View Post
    This rule does apply for site like WB or FSC that regularly gives invites to our fellows FST users

Not so much WB , but i see fsc traded here....
    Last edited by phrenzy; 07-26-2007 at 01:01 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster
    Nice, I hadn't noticed that bit about giveaways till you pointed it out.

But to be honest, I don't understand the motivations of a lot of people involved in filesharing. Certainly, I don't understand the traders who trade for the sake of it, but I also don't understand why uploaders risk their axx and spend hundreds, or in some cases thousands of dollars a month for servers, don't understand site staff who spend dozens of hours a week on their sites and do nothing but complain about the users in the forums, don't understand users who donate large amounts to sites (>$50/month) instead of spending the money on servers, or, god forbid, actually buying the material they're downloading ... the list goes on. "Wheeler-dealers" are just one mystery of many.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    Not so much WB , but i see fsc traded here....
    I'm not sure what trackers we have a deal with but if an account is caught trading the thread will most likely be trashed/locked but invites are still trade-able

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Angrod's Avatar Not a n00b... BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    FST rules state : Don't trade accounts at FST for sites that strictly forbid it.Far as I know EVERY site doesn't want there accounts traded. Why is this rule NEVER enforced...
    Many dont allow trading invite.
    Sweden rocks...NOT!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    mhm.. brilliant essay.. but i think trading acc is really dangerous because it isn't allowed.. actually invites trading is safer and i prefer invites tradings.. acc tradings are against the rules.. FST rules forbid that..

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    The FST rules state
    Trading Accounts

* Don't trade accounts at FST for sites that strictly forbid it.
    * If you do they may contact you here to follow their rules.

Read the rules of the sites your a member at and if you choose
    to break them dont complain if action is taken against you
    So is this an actual rule or simply a suggestion for your own protection.

Almost all trackers have a user agreement that states
    RESTRICTED ACCESS: This End User License Agreement ("User Agreement") grants you, personally and individually, a non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, limited license, permitting access only for the use of immediately electronically displaying content retrieved from this website....
    So effectively you are breaking the user agreement of that tracker if you give away or trade that account. As this seems to be a standard user agreement is it not time that all account trading was stamped out here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I agree that account trading is a bit of a problem as it stops people being able to get accounts they actually want to use instead of building up a huge buffer so they can trade it away (which in itself is bad for members of the site because it stops them from being able to upload enough to build their ratio).

However in all fairness I myself have benefited from duplicate accounts with some extermly nice person giving me an account with a decent buffer out of the kindness of ther heart.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast