Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Parents Try To Ban Pirating!

its starting to sound like we're talking about a heroin habit now...

what kind of piracy are you doing? Warez or P2P (i know they can be considered the same, by Warez i mean games and apps, by P2P i mean mp3's and the like)?
    if its the Warez, doesnt it depend on the amount you do? the more into it you are, the better chance you have of being caught in my opinion. id think the feds would go after the bigger warez groups (dont know if you guys want me to mention names here or not) that get stuff out before its retail release. Billy who sits at his computer and listens to music he downloaded shouldnt be the FBI's first priority...

ill shut up now...

edit: i dont think leaving Kazaa on all the time could get you caught, though thats just me...

2. Lounge   -   #12
    i just do moviez and mp3z NO WAREZ

all on kazaa

3. Lounge   -   #13
    i dont see much of a chance of you getting caught then

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    WARNING: TO THE PERSON GOING BY THE ALIAS " TheFilePirater ":

WE HAVE BEEN MONITORING YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS. WE HAVE EVIDENCE IN OUR POSSESSION THAT YOU HAVE VIOLATED NUMEROUS LAWS AS SET FORTH IN THE FEDERAL COPYRIGHT PROTECTION ACT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO VOLUNTARILY CONTACT THE NEAREST LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN YOUR CHOICE OF THE FOLLOWING PUNISHMENTS :

A: ATOMIC WEDGIE
    B: NO TV FOR A WEEK
    C: BEING SUBJECT TO A FULL BODY CAVITY SEARCH BY EVERY FEMALE MEMBER OF THIS BOARD.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS....DO THE RIGHT THING, SON

THAT IS ALL.

B)

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@23 June 2003 - 05:04

how long is a piece of string?

the real odds of getting caught are high, there are so many people doing it, it'd cost a load to put everyone in prison

6. Lounge   -   #16
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Riddler@23 June 2003 - 06:45

C: BEING SUBJECT TO A FULL BODY CAVITY SEARCH BY EVERY FEMALE MEMBER OF THIS BOARD.
    that shouldnt take too long

7. Lounge   -   #17
    jetje's Avatar former star
    There are worl wide at least 5.000.000 people using filesharing but real figures would be a whole lot more..and only more people get involved into p2p! i don't have the statistics around so no more numbers...
    You can figure it out they never can find all those individuals, and sue them, etc.. So i wouldn't be to afraid of that!.
    If you don't sell or advertise with stuff you have ... chance of getting caught is petty much 0.

Only way that flesharing will be stopped is because of better software protection and lower prizes. !

Things like TCPA and DRM are the real threats to filesharing!

8. Lounge   -   #18
    i give vcds to a few close friends...

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Here's my say, "MY SAY"

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Gkraker04's Avatar Poster
    May I give my 2 cents? Is that legal? Heh Heh.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast