Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Threads on this board about cheating

ohmboys's Avatar fst <3 BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Word

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    It's true that Israeli users do have a bad name but I just wanted to say that I've been given (for nothing ) some very nice invites by two friendly Israelis so they can't be all bad.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    ttetile's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i never knew about ghost leeching until now .. lol

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Seppypom, I've given a few trackers the IPs/account names of cheaters. I'd say roughly 5 total since the start of the year. Sure 5 isn't much, but I'm one person, imagine if we had 20 me's... or 50.

ttetile - Maybe you never heard the phrase, but we didn't teach you how here, and we are only going to share how to catch you if you do it.

Daniel - Very good points. Users IMO are just hindered, not helpless here. There is enough data available to them to help stop certain types of cheating.

On a side note, does anyone else here, besides me, see the thread titled is it bad to download your own torrent, going down a very slippery slope?
    Last edited by mforcex; 07-28-2007 at 11:18 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    double post
    Last edited by ttetile; 07-28-2007 at 11:19 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mforcex View Post
    ttetile - maybe you never heard the phrase, but we didn't teach you how here, and we are only going to share how to catch you if you do it.
    you need to know how to do it before you can prevent it .. anyway i googled that term and found a lot about it .. maybe thats why admins and mods kept deleting the threads related to cheating ..

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    anyone who know about google can find out about cheating and all the related links... i don't think censoring is the right thing to do. but its just my opinion.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    regarding the cheating threads issue

I think the mods did the right thing

For Serving Community

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED
    mforcex , you wanna discuss cheating, then there are plenty of cheat forums for you . you'll read there anything you want : when, how, how many, why etc.
    don't try to make from fst users (many of them are bt n00bs) experienced cheater hunters . Catching cheaters is not that hard , but also not that simple , leave it to staffers , cause a small mistake - and a very good account of a good user can be disabled (together with all other accounts of this person on other trackers) . Not mentioning the fact that sometimes even experienced admins may do mistakes in such cases .

Quote Originally Posted by asafb View Post
    do u know the max connection on isreal?
    10 Mbit and thats only for company's
    all users have between 1.5 and 5 Mbit
    and there are people who buy seedboxes (the ones who want to pay 2 download and upload faster )
    i can bet on it that u didnt know that...
    so the upload speed on isreal its max 70 kb/s
    but in every other country they have above 200 kb/s
    asafb , you are fantastastic
    1)The max connection in Israel is above 10Mbit . Only in university I've got 2.7MB/s (While the max @10Mbit is 1.2MB/s) . And yes, most of the traffic went outside of Israel.
    2)You bet he doesn't know that Israelis get seedboxes . You are wrong.
    3)The max upload in Israel AT HOME is 1Mbit (128KB/s) , though it's expensive . But you can get the 64 KB/s instead of yours 14KB/s by adding a poor amount of 6-7 bucks a month , that's all .
    4)No, not every other country has upload speed above 200 KB/s .
    Last edited by fatma; 08-01-2007 at 06:22 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Cheaters suck.

Also i think most sites are starting to see that close to half of all Israel members do cheat and have been cought in the act. As i type this i have 38 of them that will be banned this week all for cheating and caught by 2 different scripts and spoted by some members that turned there dumb ass in.

Now every site has cheaters and every country has cheaters, but the funny thing is that most of the people we catch are from the middle east and i would say about 70% of them are from middle east. Which is sad. Some of my staff are bitching hard core to start banning everyone from the middle east and most proxy servers/ip's as they are sick of dealing with them.

another thing is about 60% of the middle east members have also been banned for account trading again not sure why its so high with in the middle east. I have heard its because they are downloading stuff and selling it on the streets for cash and not giving to shits about anyone else. Once they get banned or rights to download disable they start trading and looking for other accounts untill they are busted also. just somethign i have read and been told by other middle east users.

Wild

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast