Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FSC Announcement: Say Cheese!

Member BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Congratulations to FSC for their hard work, i'm not a member, but their system sounds truly innovative! With that system there is no hurt grabbing an old movie. And that is what sharing should all be about

Just out of curiosity. The ten day seeding rule, what happens if you have a power blackout?

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by oilslick View Post
    Just out of curiosity. The ten day seeding rule, what happens if you have a power blackout?
    Nothing happens . No one expects you to seed nonstop . You should seed 10 days IN TOTAL .

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

I don't surmise the majority of members have a problem with a torrent sitting in their client for that long, but they don't see the need to either. Most everything I download with torrents can be seeded back on an alternate tracker within a day or two and be done with it.

I appears most are of a similar opinion.
    Exactly, downloading should be as painless as possible, this is just one more hassle to consider (am I going out of town, am I at a computer-illerate friend's house and would feel like an idiot telling him he has to keep his computer on for 10 days now for that half hour episode of Scrubs ...) Much simpler to just get it from ScT.

Ironic how its the ppl like us that makes the torrent still there when you come looking for them, and the users like this that make the torrents die, or have crappy D/L speeds.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    barral01's Avatar Member BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    10 DAYS SEEDING is too much.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    kapowcowpwned's Avatar BCC token orange kid BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'm still trying to figure out why people don't seed for 10days, like everysingle torrent I've downloaded to date has been seeded till its deleted or dies. Whats the big deal with keeping the torrent alive and helping with the seeding?

Edit: Most of the people complaining have servers with a small harddrive? Why not get the file off of you harddrive and seed it from your home computer? Then you can have the space needed on the server to get new releases and you are still seeding the file for 10days... its a win win situation if you ask me.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Ironic how its the ppl like us that makes the torrent still there when you come looking for them, and the users like this that make the torrents die, or have crappy D/L speeds.
    If I were to seed everything I download for at least 10 days.

1. My HDD would be full all the time since I would have the keep the rars to seed and also extract the movies, games etc... so I can actually watch them or play them etc..

2. My ISP would cancel my account for non stop upload. That's called bandwith abuse since in 10 days you could probably upload 10 times what you downloaded. I'm glad other trackers don't have this rule. Since I already have got an e-mail from my ISP for bandwidth abuse.

While is nice to seed some stuff for a long time. Especially for hard to find stuff that others need seeds for. It's not really something that should be applied to all torrents. That's why people don't download much from trackers with small communities.

On many trackers you can get what you can get at FSC and seed back in much less time and you can probably download a lot faster too. I do agree that the seeding bonus system is nice but seeding for 10 days each torrent sounds a little crazy. That means keeping every torrent you download for at least 10 days in it's original form.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by kapowcowpwned View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why people don't seed for 10days, like everysingle torrent I've downloaded to date has been seeded till its deleted or dies. Whats the big deal with keeping the torrent alive and helping with the seeding?

Edit: Most of the people complaining have servers with a small harddrive? Why not get the file off of you harddrive and seed it from your home computer? Then you can have the space needed on the server to get new releases and you are still seeding the file for 10days... its a win win situation if you ask me.
    Again, no big deal, just personal preference.

I like to keep as few torrents running in uTorrent as possible. Good housekeeping and all. Once I've seeded to a 1:1, I might let the torrent sit for another day or two if I think I can pull something extra out of it. Otherwise, it's gone.

Right now I have 12 torrents open. I'm fixing to delete a couple of those as well as they've reached a 1:1 since I was at the computer last, and I've earned that right - I've given back, MORE than I've taken.

I've also found that keeping a large number of torrents open can spread around my upload speed much more than I want. With a max upload speed of 350kb/s, I need that speed to be dedicated to one or two torrents at a time in order for me to even be able to hit a 1:1 ratio on trackers that require it.

Another reason I don't seed everything for forever is I just don't want uTorrent running all the time. I lags down my games, my internet, etc. I don't even download that much via torrents. Most of my downloading is via Usenet and uTorrent lags the heck out of Grabit.

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    That news isn't anything new to old members
    And someone mentioned 10 days seeding rules, it's for share index, seeding part, you don't have to do it if your file ratio is high.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234